|Date Opened||2/7/2019 1:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,539.20 - $42,681.60/year|
|Department||Regional Parks & Environmental Lands|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Completion of First Aid/CPR certification within the employee’s probation period; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions in a subtropical climate in multiple local terrains.
- Ability to work around a diverse environment that may include snakes, spiders and other wildlife.
- Verbal capacity to communicate clearly with the general public.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely travel on foot through an unpaved natural environment.
- Manual dexterity for use of tools, equipment, and computers.
- Must be able to bend and kneel with regularity.
- Ability to safely paddle a canoe or kayak.
- Must be comfortable in water with the assistance of a floatation device.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions unaided or with reasonable accommodation.
- Required to operate including but is not limited to, mowers, tractors, vehicles, chain saws, pressure washers, leaf blowers, power tools, hand tools, boats, lifts, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Maintains and repairs park structures including buildings, boardwalks, fences, docks, restrooms, shelters, arenas, equestrian facilities, etc.
- Maintains park grounds including mowing, trimming, landscaping, etc.
- Public Contact/Guest Service
- Provides outstanding service and creates memorable visitor experiences.
- Provides first aide/medical assistance when needed.
- Responds to queries in person, over the phone or through written response.
- Collects fees for services in the parks and boat ramps.
- Completes all fiscal paperwork required for end of day reports and deposits funds at approved bank locations.
- Educates visitors on proper outdoor activity techniques and the use of park facilities and equipment.
- Conducts nature and environmental-related interpretive programming.
- Participates in other special programming and events.
- Ensures the park is ready for guest enjoyment during all open hours.
- Cleans restrooms, shelters, campsites, trash receptacles, grills, etc.
- Perform all landscaping tasks that are required in a park. These may include: mowing, weed eating, edging, tree trimming, etc.
- Participates in ecosystem management tasks including, but not limited to, invasive species removal, prescribed burns, and erosion control.
- Builds and maintains trails utilizing a variety of construction methods and materials.
- Assists local law enforcement and fire agencies with emergencies to include missing persons, wildfires, etc.
- Patrols and monitors all park areas.
- Provides access control, traffic control, and gate security.
- Ensures all safety guidelines are being followed and identifies and addresses all safety concerns. Completes reports as needed.
- Provides first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to patrons during emergencies. Acts as a first responder during medical emergencies.
- Participates in County-wide emergency action plans.
- Ensures safe participation in special programming.
- Performs related work as required.
- Working knowledge of applicable park regulations, ordinances, environmental processes and outdoor recreation.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to provide public programming and exceptional service.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare accurate reports.
- Working knowledge of one or more building trades to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical and etc.
- Experience operating landscaping equipment.
- Basic computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with diverse and varying team members and visitors.
- Working knowledge of safety, first aid and CPR methods and techniques.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*