|Date Opened||5/30/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a computer technology or related engineering field. Two years hands-on experience with relational database languages.
Five to seven (5-7) years of of work experience analyzing, designing, testing, implementing and managing functional automation information systems and projects.
Two years hands-on experience with relational database languages.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to expected to provide the job-related competencies as noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements. Develops and engineers solutions consistent with information systems architecture, using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions, based on customer requirements.
Ensures that the design and application implementation meets security and quality assurance standards.
- Performs project management duties on complex global, enterprise technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. Acts as team technical liaison for externally managed technology projects. Communicates project updates to management. Provides project management mentoring for subordinate technical staff. action.
- Provides advanced technical debugging, and troubleshooting for escalated complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices. Performs troubleshooting for software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for enterprise software systems and backup systems. Provides administrative and technical guidance, coaching and support for subordinate-level technical positions.
- Reviews and monitors performance, and performs capacity planning of enterprise infrastructure systems and develops management recommendations for the implementation of enhancements to the enterprise architecture. Recommends innovative solutions to reduce operational costs, improve client productivity, and enhance the efficiency & reliability of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Creates standardized reporting tools and dashboards as required. Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation. Works closely with customers to develop and maintain critical business reports.
- Collaborates with Solution Architects and infrastructure teams to integrate applications and hardware.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for assigned systems and reporting tools. Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
- Performs as supervisor to subordinate technical personnel engaged in performance of installation, maintenance and support of software systems. Provides mentoring and training to peers and subordinates.
- Maintains technical skills by attending training and conferences as required to keep proficient.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems. Advanced knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with application solutions, server based applications.
- Advanced knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical solutions, hardwareand system software components.
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Advance ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs concepts, project plans, and produce clear and detail technical specifications and other technical reports. Advanced ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Oracle, and/or database best practices. Proven analytical skills and the ability to distill and simplify complex concepts. Proven track record for implementing large scale or enterprise wide systems and applications.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.