|Date Opened||6/12/2019 10:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,873.60 - $63,793.60/year|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university; AND
- One year of experience directly related to the assigned program.
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is primarily sedentary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and controlling material resources to achieve section objectives. Coordinates with Manager of Recreation Services regarding organizational needs for various sections.
- Developing and administering program policies and procedures to align with CAPRA (Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies) requirements.
- Oversees the accreditation process and ensures that the yearly requirements are met. Ensure the proper information is available, accurate and recorded appropriately.
- Developing grant applications to obtain funding for assigned projects and programs. Works with fiscal section to understand areas for additional budgetary support. Oversees sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborates with research based organizations to collect data and develops surveys to help gauge successes and areas of improvement. Pulls data from Rectrac, NRPA, FRPA and the National Census and creates reports to update upper management on trends and progressions.
- Liaison between multiple organizations (Friends of the County Parks, Parks Board) and Parks and Rec. Organizes and attends monthly meetings, maintains agendas, interprets programs and processes to their board, answers questions, and provides information to attendees.
- Writes and revises staff training manuals. Helps ensure the technical training plan is implemented. Leads specified training when assigned.
- Leads quarterly interdepartmental orientation for new hires. Creates presentations and speaks publicly on behalf of the department.
- Supports large scale events that are supported by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Handles special events processes in the absence of the Special Event Coordinator, including seeking appropriate approvals, insurance and collection of fees and issuing of vendor permits.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the specific functions, activities, and services provided by the assigned programs and projects.
- Capable of critical thinking, problem solving, organization, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of organizational and methods and procedures relating to the effective coordination and administration of assigned programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, management and outside organizations to accomplish department's mission.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Competent in making decisions and recommendations using initiative and independent judgment, work independently using sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to lead and exercise active listening and have a presence of social grace
- Ability to use a computer and related software such as Microsoft Work, Excel, and PowerPoint
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.