Accounting Clerk (Sunshine Line)
|Date Opened||10/8/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,070.40 - $52,790.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
An Associate’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
Two years of experience in bookkeeping or financial record keeping.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Position is typically in an office environment.
- Requires an employee to be mostly sedentary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Reconciles expense and revenue accounts, sub ledgers to general ledger; and identifies and initiates corrective actions.
- Acts as the fiscal liaison for departmental staff; researches funding restrictions, searches and analyzes expenditures.
- Reconciles Purchase Orders to invoices and receipts.
- Prepares Standard Miscellaneous Batches, Journal Entries, Event Billings, and Deposit Journals.
- Receives funds, prepares deposits, and reconciles bank statements.
- Provides local, state, federal, and annual financial audit assistance.
- Assists with the preparation of the department's operating and capital budgets.
- Initiates and/or approves fiscal transactions in the automated accounting system.
- Manages departmental invoice payments which includes monitoring and taking corrective action for financial transactions to include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Customer Accounts, Projects/Grants, etc.
- Validates labor allocations and prepares/updates forms.
- Reconciles customer accounts and submits billing information and processes customer refunds; prepares aged receivables schedules.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly fiscal transactions; identifies issues; and recommends and prepares corrective action.
- Prepares various fiscal reports i.e. payroll, expenditure detail, customer account analysis, aging reports
- Performs other duties as needed, including those performed by subordinate fiscal, financial, and clerical staff.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and policies governing assigned functional accounting areas.
- Knowledge of computer operations using accounting and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job related rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare accounting, financial, and statistical reports.
- Ability to compile, analyze and/or audit accounting, budgetary, fiscal, payroll and leave data.
- Ability to use accounting and imaging software, spreadsheets, and related applications.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*