Community Relations Coordinator (Employee & Organizational Comm)
|Date Opened||10/15/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/29/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,235.20 - $77,188.80/year|
|Department||Communications & Digital Media Svcs|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Works closely with all county departments to align messaging and programming as well as to execute programs and promote the communication functions within the organizational structure of county government.
A bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Three years of experience in planning, implementing or managing communications campaigns
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Frequent sitting, typically in office environment.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time during events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Collaborate to build and execute comprehensive plans and strategies to improve enterprise communications.
- Partner with project teams, departmental representatives, and liaisons across the county to execute effective, internal communications campaigns
- Develop and source content for employee engagement for dissemination via multiple channels such as newsletters, intranet, emails, videos, webinars, etc.
- Conduct research and program analysis to improve internal and organizational communications
- Serve as coordinator for the county’s communications liaison program
- Review intranet content on a regular basis and measure the effectiveness and impact of content to provide recommendations to departments
- Work closely with departments to educate and train intranet content editors and content providers on proper content creation, maintenance, and best practices
- Assist strategist in ensuring the consistent communication of messages through all channels, including consistent image, look, and branding.
- Write compelling and concise content about a wide-variety of topics for countywide news that informs, educates, or mobilizes employees into action and excites them about the county’s vision
- Collect and/or maintain employee and organizational statistics for the use of improving communications
- Assist in organizing meetings, webinars, briefings, and town halls
- Assist with countywide surveying and polling
- Assist in creating and maintaining a countywide internal communications calendar
- Command of the English language (grammar, punctuation and spelling) for copywriting, talking points, digital content, and more
- Understanding of communications principles to: change behavior, persuade, inform, and influence
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to manage and navigate in web content management systems
- Ability to collect and organize data and develop presentations.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside the organization
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to follow-through whether with email communications or delivering on project deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; especially under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change in plans, shifts in focus, or move forward quickly as a result of unexpected events
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*