|Date Opened||10/15/2019 09:44:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/29/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,772.80 - $37,148.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
One year of experience assisting in general maintenance or construction work; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Requires bending, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching at ground levels, standing for long periods of time, and eye and hand coordination.
- Required to work outside in a subtropical climate under adverse weather, and high noise levels.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and tools.
- Required to lift a minimum of five (5) lbs. and greater with an average of forty five (45) lbs. with occasional lifting up to approximately ninety (90) pounds over uneven, rough terrain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Assists construction, maintenance and transportation crews in the repair of roads, road shoulders, county owned rights-of-way, easements, bridges, storm water drainage systems, sidewalks, driveways and other related County assets.
- Provide a level of maintenance of temporary traffic control functions and flagger duties.
- Mows and trims grassy areas along roadways, rights-of-way, ponds, easements, in medians and around county assets.
- Cuts and trims brush, weeds, trees and assist in removing trees, stumps, and perform maintenance of vegetated areas.
- Use various types of power and hand tools and operate light construction equipment and light to medium capacity vehicles.
- Assists with laying brick, cement block, performing concrete work, and related construction work for construction, maintenance and repair of public work structures.
- To provide custodial and/or building and grounds maintenance including landscape duties.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Cleans work sites upon work completion.
- Work in times of crises and during emergency events as they occur.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques used to perform semi-skilled routine construction, maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of temporary traffic control and flagger procedures.
- Knowledge of traffic laws, regulations and safety practices applicable to the operation of vehicles and light construction equipment on and near public streets and highways.
- Skill and ability to use various types of hand and power tools, light construction equipment and light to medium capacity vehicles.
- Skill and ability to operate tractors with mowing decks and attachments, chain saws, edger, trimmers, lawn mowers and other mowing type equipment.
- Skill and ability to operate tree trimming equipment, chain saws, pruners, chippers, loaders, other vegetation maintenance equipment.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*