Contracts Services Manager (Affordable Housing)(40 App Max)
|Date Opened||10/15/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2019 05:14:00 AM|
|Salary||$72,904.00 - $116,625.60/year|
|Department||Affordable Housing Office|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations or Business Administration or related field
Minimum of five years managing the analysis, development, and monitoring of contracts, bids, and requests for proposal.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Office environment, requires travel within County and out of the County. Travel overnight for several days at a time for training in and out of state.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Supervises the crafting and execution of various funding agreements. Review draft agreements and make needed corrections by incorporating comments from both the County Attorney's Office and Subrecipient's council.
- Strategize weekly with Affordable Housing Services section managers and director to ensure timely expenditure of grant funds. Collaborate with Affordable Housing Services section managers to update mandatory plans and reports.
- Supervise the management of open contracts and advise the Affordable Housing Services Director when contract modifications are needed. Research and provide direction to contract managers and non-profits on various client or programmatic issues.
- Review and approve reimbursement requests submitted by contract managers to ensure the requests are allowable and funds are expended in a timely manner.
- Meet with contract managers and Sub-recipients (kick-off-meetings) to discuss their scope of services, reporting requirements, payment terms and conditions and funding deadlines.
- Review work specifications, attend walk-throughs and closings. Conduct site visits to ensure projects are moving forward and complying with federal and regulations.
- Create/update programmatic policies and procedures. Map Affordable Housing Services processes and programs. Create and maintain the Affordable Housing Services Continuity of Operations Plan and the County's Disaster Temporary Housing Plan.
- Monitor staff performance and record keeping daily to ensure Affordable Housing Services' files are complete and contracts are moving forward. Provide guidance for corrective action when performance issues arise.
- Ability to research and provide strategies to non-profit organizations to solve programmatic issues.
- Uses independent judgement by interpreting data to develop plans. Decision making has County-wide impact.
- Excellent written and oral communciation skills are necessary to provide direction to staff and sub-recipients, developers and attorneys.
- Ability to develop and update short-range and long-range operations plans.
- Ability to lead and provide direction to staff.
- Ability to manage multiple contracts with large funding amounts. Must possess strong organizational skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to analyze proposals for eligibility and the feasibility of the proposed project's completion based on the applicant's capacity.
- Position requires an in-depth understanding of business processes and impact on internal/external stakeholders.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*