Industrial Automation SCADA Application Specialist
|Date Opened||10/17/2019 9:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,870.40 - $87,796.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
This position gives direct support for the department's SCADA HMI and controls network by providing highly sophisticated technical programming expertise to develop and implement graphical representations of control features through the use of various software and standards. The position ensures the PLC accuracy and the data provided at the PLC level is represented appropriately and provides timely corrective actions for hardware, software and programming imperfections or failures. This position ensures that all data is memorialized in a historical database and maintains a web-based reporting and monitoring application, in addition to an after-hours monitoring software utilized for events falling out of normal compliance parameters.
· A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science/Technology field.
· A minimum of three (3) years programming experience in an automated control environment to include verifiable experience in reading and interpreting blue prints, schematics and P&ID diagrams. Three (3) years of experience in the programming, calibration and installation of automated electronic equipment.
· An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies noted.
· A valid Florida Driver's license.
· Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
· Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
· Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
· Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Requires good hearing, near and distant vision, the ability to distinguish color and shades of color, and depth perception to judge distances. Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds. Frequently sitting at a desk or table. Occasional standing, stooping and walking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Diagnose, correct, modify and document changes to different pieces of industrial equipment control sequences through the use of various HMI, OIT, and PLC software programs and industrial standard for control logic suggested by the International Society of Automation (ISA). Modifies and documents logic.
· Troubleshoots and diagnoses highly sophisticated lines of ladder logic and provides corrective solutions while maintaining and optimizing the PLC program functionality. Interpret control functions represented in P&ID, electrical drawings and lines of computer code logic to make appropriate PLC or HMI changes.
· Implement regular firmware and software upgrades to PLC, HMI, OIT, servers, panel PC's and desktop terminal operating systems. Implement Active Directory changes, manage user access to the system, file sharing and Windows services. Develop and modify/program Windows software.
· Check Computerized Maintenance Management System (CAMS) daily for maintenance work orders and assignments given by supervisor. Prioritize assigned work, make contact with customer and provide field or remote corrections to program issues. Complete cost and close out daily for maintenance tracking.
· Design HMI graphical objects or genies using internally developed standards based graphics. Test all changes in a developmental work work environment prior to releasing version into the production environment. Create and implement any needed modifications to objects or genies as field operational needs change.
· Schedule, credential and set up the developmental project for each Integration Contractor coming into the Developmental Center to change and test modifications made to the project prior to the implementation into the production network. Provide the standard based recommendations to changes that are not clearly defined.
· Maintain secure database and structure version control within the SCADA network, for all PLC ladder logic, function blocks and structured text software programming used for various applications within the SCADA network. Maintain several different database programming files for Phase I, Phase II and Phase III.
· Configure and maintain Open Protocol Communications (OPC) connections used in poling field devices. Develop, program and maintain website and various web based programs utilizing HTML standard language. Provide customer connectivity through various desktop support functions.
· Debug and commission control systems at PUD facilities, during the system integration stage and then during installation. Assist in troubleshooting after new installation startups and large system changes.
· Attend various web-based and classroom technical, administrative and safety training events to increase professional knowledge, professional development and safety awareness when working in an industrial setting.
· Provide customer connectivity through various desktop support functions. Resetting network logins and passwords, troubleshooting in the field, and over the phone for connectivity or visibility concerns. Provide training on the use of web-based software used for facility viewing or report generation.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of local, state and federal electronics compliance regulations as applicable to specific agencies or departmental facilities.
· Knowledge of electrical safe work practices and procedures including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Knowledge of industrial automation, control panels, programmable logic controllers (PLC), operator interface terminals (OIT), and a firm understanding of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI).
· Knowledge and ability to use sophisticated operating and programming software for various computers and hardware which may include Windows, Linux, DNP3, Win-911, CITECT, Factory Talk, Imprivata, Nagios, Pulsenet, Symantex, Unity Pro and Kepware.
· Knowledge and understanding of radio communications and the associated software needed to program the equipment. Knowledge of remote cellular communications equipment and the segmented network used for distribution.
· Advanced knowledge of the principals and usage of ladder logic, function blocks and structured text programming protocols.
· Knowledge of function and operation of electronic controlling, measuring, recording, transmitting, testing and diagnostic equipment used in the troubleshooting and maintenance of industrial water and wastewater equipment.
· Advanced knowledge and skills necessary to perform in depth troubleshooting from the device level through the switches, servers and into the HMI program. Must be able to distinguish and resolve hardware and software issues from protocol, rule or Active Directory driven issues.
· Advanced knowledge of computer based software necessary to perform advanced analysis and interpretation of test data needed to modify and document PLC programs using specified software.
· Ability to work a variety of work schedules including after normal business hours, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.