|Date Opened||10/10/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,104 to $104,270.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Have excellent customer service skills
· Must have an exceptional ability to multi-task
The Development Services Facilitator Manager performs supervisory and administrative duties directing the permitting of building construction. This position acts as a principal liaison between the construction permitting process and all departments within Hillsborough County, while also interaction with other leaders in those areas. This position works directly with principle management staff in plan review and inspections to assure efficiency and consistency through all processes within the Building and Construction Division. The manager shall also be a principal representative of the division at meetings with the construction industry and the general public.
· High School Diploma or GED
· 5 years experience in the permitting or construction industry
· 3 years of supervisory experience
· ICC Permit Tech Certification, or ability to obtain in one year
· Certified Floodplain Manager Certification, or ability to obtain in two years
· Customer Commitment- Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
· Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity- Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
· Organizational Excellence- Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
· Success through Teamwork- Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Knowledge of design, construction, and code enforcement process
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Ability to anticipate and meet the need of clients with a commitment to improving services
· Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others
· Knowledge of state and local codes and laws governing building construction
· Ability to manage multiple assignments and staff to achieve service goals
· Ability to motivate and lead a diverse group of staff to achieve service goals
· Ability to develop and deliver presentations to various stakeholder groups
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of management
· Office Environment
· Completing work by computer at desk
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs operational and strategic managerial duties for the Building Permitting Staff
· Writes performance evaluations; issues counseling forms/disciplinary actions; handles employee complaints and grievances; recommends the hiring, termination, and promotion of staff
· Coordinate schedules and service coverage during service areas
· Responsible for escalated issues and customers
· Reassign and task employees to handle work load demands as needed
· Handle service requests related to the area of management or as assigned by division director
· Assesses staffing needs and identifies shortfalls; interviews, recruits, and hires new staff
· Oversee developing training manuals and process checklists for staff
· Hold weekly meetings with assigned personnel to discuss issues and needed changes
· Represent division at meetings with the construction industry and general public
· Supervise subordinate managers and other assigned staff
· Other duties as assigned
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*