Recreation Leader (Security Coordinator)(Part-time)
|Date Opened||10/21/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,003.20 - $36,004.80/year|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- An Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice or Forensics degree preferred
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; AND
- Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification with Practical Application; AND
- 5 years’ experience in law enforcement or security work.
- Six (6) months of experience in organized recreational programs; AND
- Possession of a valid Driver License.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILD CARE PERSONNEL
- Employees must complete the State mandated 40 hour Introductory Child Care Training. The training must begin within 90 days of employment and complete the training within 12 months from the date training begins. Child care personnel must pass competency exams for the 40 hours of training to demonstrate their competency.
- Employees must also complete a minimum of 10 hours of Continuing Education Unit (CEU) of in-service training during the state’s fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position is frequently very active and often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Implement security monitoring devices.
- Monitor surveillance equipment; conduct safety/security checks on staffed buildings and grounds; organize and teach safety.
- Preform and create security training for all department staff.
- Serve as the liaison between the department and the Hillsborough county sheriff's office.
- Assist with quality control on safety reports.
- Assist with criminal activity inspections and reports including, but not limited to trespassing, illegal dumping and graffiti.
- Assist with control of vagrant issues for the department.
- Assist in the development and implementation of community activities and services.
- Provides customer service to the public.
- Assists the public in planning activities and events; prepares facilities for group and recreation activities; assists in facility maintenance and room set up.
- Prepares and maintains facility activity records.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of a variety of existing and new recreation programs, special events and activities.
- Records daily attendance and/or receipts.
- Performs basic participant safety inspections.
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning and conducting recreational programs.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and occupational hazards and safety precautions required in the recreation field.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skill in the use of various office equipment.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*