Solutions Engineer (Servicenow Developer)
|Date Opened||10/30/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
- Provide architectural design, production support and assist with technical strategy for the Hillsborough County BOCC Servicenow implementation.
- Will design, build and configure applications, modules and services on the now platform and will assist others in doing so.
- Working across the platform, this role delivers new functionality, innovative solutions, understands and supports the development life cycle.
- Additionally, key responsibilities include: assisting with incident resolution, developing enhancements, taking ownership of complex business requirements and working them to completion and conducting service reviews to identify potential performance improvements.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with user interface policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules, client scripts and ACL’s and will create and configure notifications, UI pages and UI macros.
- Must have experience with managing data with tables, the CMDB, import sets and update sets.
- Experience with servicenow implementations is a must and should be able to advise where out of the box functionality can achieve a desired outcome instead of resorting to customization.
- Will have a strong understanding of the CMDB and its relationship to asset management and it service management processes.
- Should have strong communication and problem-solving skills and an ability to communicate best practices and identify process gaps for continuous improvement and fit for purpose as it relates to all development and implementation activities.
- This position will be assisting management with planning, designing, configuring, testing, implementing, documenting and maintaining the solutions for the products implemented on the now platform to meet business needs and strategic objectives.
- Will provide subject matter expertise for servicenow and ITIL, recommending and designing solutions to be implemented on the now platform, including instantiation of new modules as well as helping improve and streamline existing capabilities and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a computer technology or related field
- Five to seven (5-7) years of of work experience analyzing, designing, testing, implementing and managing functional automation information systems and projects.
- 2+ years of software development experience on the Service now platform (3+ years desired) Experience in Madrid version is desired.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
- ITIL v3 or ITIL v4 foundations certification
- Servicenow certified system administrator
- Servicenow certified application developer
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals. Duties
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Partners with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements. Develops and engineers solutions consistent with information systems architecture, using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions, based on customer requirements.Ensures that the design and application implementation meets security and quality assurance standards.
- Performs project management duties on complex global, enterprise technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. Acts as team technical liaison for externally managed technology projects. Communicates project updates to management. Provides project management mentoring for subordinate technical staff.
- Provides advanced technical debugging, and troubleshooting for escalated complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices. Performs troubleshooting for software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for enterprise software systems and backup systems. Provides administrative and technical guidance, coaching and support for subordinate-level technical positions.
- Reviews and monitors performance, and performs capacity planning of enterprise infrastructure systems and develops management recommendations for the implementation of enhancements to the enterprise architecture. Recommends innovative solutions to reduce operational costs, improve client productivity, and enhance the efficiency & reliability of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Assists with incident resolution, supporting the CMDB and it's relationship to asset and service management. Developing enhancements, taking ownership of complex business requirements and working them to completion and conducting service reviews to identify potential performance improvements. Work with user interface policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules, client scripts and ACL’s and will create and configure notifications, UI pages and UI macros as well as manage data with tables, the CMDB, import sets and update sets.
- Provide architectural design, production support and assist with technical strategy for the Hillsborough County BOCC Servicenow implementation. Will design, build and configure applications, modules and services on the now platform and will assist others in doing so. Working across the platform, this role delivers new functionality, innovative solutions, understands and supports the development life cycle.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for assigned systems and reporting tools. Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems. Creates standardized reporting tools and dashboards as required. Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation. Works closely with customers to develop and maintain critical business reports.
- Assist management in the planning, designing, configuring, testing, implementing, documenting and maintaining the solutions for the products implemented on the Now platform to meet business needs and strategic objectives. Will provide subject matter expertise for Servicenow and ITIL, recommending and designing solutions to be implemented on the Now platform, including instantiation of new modules as well as helping improve and streamline existing capabilities and applications.
- Maintains technical skills by attending training and conferences as required to keep proficient.
- Other duties as assigned Job
- Advanced knowledge of industry project methodologies, use of documentation platforms for project & technical documentation.
- Knowledge of ITSM, ITBM, ITOM and advanced systems administration Advanced knowledge of Enterprise IT Service Management
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design & architecture of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems.
- Advanced knowledge developing, maintaining, supporting technical infrastructure, industry standards, characteristics, features & troubleshooting
- Servicenow platform development including: Template creation and updates, Reporting, metrics, dashboards and workspaces, Performance analytics, Platform integrations, Portal design and development
- Servicenow platform development including: Custom application development, Data migration, Solution design, Flow designer & integration hub
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates. Advanced knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical solutions, hardware
- Advance ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs concepts, project plans, and produce clear and detail technical specifications and other technical reports. Advanced ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to distill and simplify complex concepts. Proven track record for implementing large scale or enterprise wide systems and applications.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*