|Date Opened||11/1/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,870.40 - $87,796.80/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience with industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
· Experience developing, editing, and presenting technical designs, project plans and other technical reports.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience preparing flow charts, models, and procedures and conducting feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
· Proficient knowledge of gathering requirements, building workflows, developing, testing, and implementations.
· Strong experience and knowledge in customer service, and presentations.
Graduation from an accredited four-year degree granting college or university with a major in a computer technology or related field; AND
One (1) to two (2) years of work experience analyzing, designing, testing, troubleshooting, supporting, and implementing functional automation information systems; OR
An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma or GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
The work is performed in an office environment, and involves mostly sitting at a desk, and occasionally standing during presentations, meetings, or special events. Occasionally requires travel, including overnight stays.
Occasionally intermittent sitting, standing, bending or stooping. Occasionally requires light lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements.
- Analyzes solutions using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions aligned with business processes to enhance business capabilities, based on customer requirements.
- Performs technical design, analysis, implementation, maintenance, optimization and troubleshooting of software solutions projects. Prepares flow charts, models, and procedures and conducting feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
- Provides technical debugging, and troubleshooting for uses in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices.
- Provides administrative and technical guidance/support for internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Prepares and maintain technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system.
- Performs remedial troubleshooting for software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for software systems.
- Develops, edits, and distributes technical reports. Produces clear and detailed technical specifications and other technical reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Knowledge of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with application solutions, server based applications.
- Knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical solutions, hardware and system software components.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage simple projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, project plans, and other technical reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Knowledge of SQL, Oracle, and/or database best practices. Proven analytical skills and the ability to distill and simplify difficult concepts.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effective both written and orally to end users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*