|Date Opened||10/18/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,686.40 - $63,502.40/year|
|Department||Facilities Management Svcs|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
4 years of experience directly related to the position duties; two years of which must have been in a supervisory or lead worker/team leader capacity;
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Incumbent will be required to walk significant distances supporting our downtown facilities and to drive to various properties throughout the County.
- Job requires physical exertion sitting, lifting, walking, and driving in various weather conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Determines priorities, schedules, and assigns work for a large team of employees or multiple teams.
- Implements management decisions through the work of subordinate employees.
- Supervises and coordinates activities and projects between multiple teams.
- Assists in resolving operational and administrative problems and provides direction regarding unusual or complex problems.
- Recommends new policies, procedures and systems to improve team operations.
- Supervises assigned staff, evaluates performance and recommends corrective action as needed.
- Assesses staffing needs and assists in the recruitment of staff.
- Identifies training needs and conducts or supervises on-the-job training sessions for subordinates.
- Maintains required documentation and completes reports.
- Initiates and attends meetings as required.
- May participate in performing the actual work of the unit and substitutes for subordinates as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the assigned functional area.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques and supervision of large or multiple teams.
- Ability to define tasks and milestones to achieve objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data to develop logical conclusions.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*