|Date Opened||10/15/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/29/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,464.00 - $98,342.40/year|
|Department||Communications & Digital Media Svcs|
The Web Developer will assist in developing and managing custom website applications and content management systems analyzing informational needs, conferring with users, studying systems flows and work processes, and implementing the appropriate solution. Will be involved in the development and implementation of next generation websites and applications for a wide variety of County departments.
- Intermediate level experience with Sitecore or other enterprise level CMS solution
- Intermediate level experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with responsive design standards
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML5 and CSS standards
- Intermediate level experience with Git and version control
- Intermediate knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming and web application development
- Experience working with web services
- Experience working in enterprise-level cloud ecosystems
A 4-year degree in Computer Science ; AND
Two or more years’ experience in the implementation and maintenance of web applications and enterprise level CMS, programming, database queries, with some reverse engineering of existing code exposure; AND
Two years of experience designing, troubleshooting, supporting and implementing of enterprise level web solutions.; AND
Two years hands-on experience with relational database languages & two years web application development experience; AND
Experience with systems administration, web server configuration, and enterprise database server management; AND
Experience with version control systems and working as part of a design/development team;
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted; AND
Sitecore Developer certification within first year of employment.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Indoor office work. Regular business hours with some on-call work after hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying & implementing best practices for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Perform capacity & performance planning and testing for web applications and work closely with project stakeholders to define and document business requirements & workflows.
- Prepares and implements solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Updates position job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; and reading professional publications.
- Research and share industry best practices, trends, and innovations and performs troubleshooting for software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for enterprise software systems and backup systems.
- Stays abreast of new technological opportunities to better help provide the best value‐added solutions to the enterprise. Maintains system certifications and training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge developing solutions for the Sitecore 8+ platform.
- Knowledge developing applications in the Microsoft .NET stack.
- Knowledge with modern JS framework and JSON standards.
- Knowledge with TDS and TeamCity and CI (Continuous Integration) practices in an Azure environment.
- Knowledge with the Bootstrap component library.
- Knowledge with GitHub version control and code hosting.
- Knowledge with Ruby on Rails 5+.
- Knowledge with web-related challenges and practices relating to Title II of the ADA and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*