GIS Software Developer
|Date Opened||11/18/2019 08:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
This position performs GIS software development tasks and projects in an enterprise environment, and works within a team of system administrators, system analysts, database administrators, GIS analysts and GIS project managers in the Enterprise Geographic Information System (EGIS) Section within the Geospatial and Land Acquisition Services Department. This position will develop and maintain web-based GIS mapping applications, custom widgets, reports and automation scripts.
This position requires an individual who is motivated to stay current on the recent changes in technology that support/enhance GIS, possess good communication and troubleshooting skills, and the desire to work in a dynamic environment.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Geography/GIS, or other related fields;
Three years of experience as a GIS Application Developer;
An equivalent combination of education (not less that a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies.
Possession of a Florida driver’s license.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configures and develops map viewers and web-based mapping applications.
- Publishes and manages GIS services utilized in Esri ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online, or in custom mapping applications.
- Configures and develops custom reports and/or widgets that may be utilized within mapping applications or Esri desktop applications.
- Develops process improvements and automation, such as tools or scripts utilizing web hooks for sending automated emails.
- Performs quality assurance of automated solutions and web-based products to ensure customer needs are met and best practices are followed.
- Works with System Administrators to ensure all system tiers are synchronized between staging, production, and disaster recovery. Works with System Administrators to administer and standardize the distribution of data to customers via ArcGIS Portal and/or ArcGIS Online.
- Develops and maintains documentation for custom solutions.
- May assume the authority of, and acts on behalf of, a more senior official.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experienced (at least 2 years) in Esri ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal, and ArcGIS Desktop projects (including ArcGIS Pro).
- Experienced working with data in an enterprise SDE database.
- Experienced working with Esri ArcGIS Online, Collector, Survey123 or Workforce.
- Knowledge of spatial analysis methods and geoprocessing tools.
- Familiar with cartographic best practices.
- Broad conceptual knowledge of GIS methodologies and workflows.
- Knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, network security configurations, database management, and web platforms.
- Familiar with other programming languages, such as XML or .NET, that may enhance development tasks.
- Familiarity using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide excellence customer service.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Ability and desire to troubleshoot hardware/software technical issues associated with GIS systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time spent on projects and tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*