HVAC Technician III
|Date Opened||11/13/2019 4:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,648.00 - $58,344.00/year|
|Department||Facilities Management Svcs|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above;
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License;
Possession of an active EPA 608 Chlorinated Fluorocarbons (CFC) Core, and Type II, & III certification.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job requires employees to climb ladders, and work in high places.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform a variety of physical tasks, including working in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Must be able and be willing to be in an on-call status and respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours and rotating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling and evaluating performance.
- Installs, operates, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walk in and chest type freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoots systems to determine cause of malfunctions.
- Tests condenser water conditions and adjusts chemical feed as necessary.
- Monitors construction on new heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Keeps daily records and logs on operating conditions and repairs to mechanical equipment there the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Prepares and schedules preventive maintenance programs.
- Requisitions material and equipment for mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Maintains and tracks inventories valued up to $10,000.00
- Ability to document own work and work of others.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of HVAC safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of the electrical aspects of HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge of Building Automated Controls (BAC) in the operation, repair, and diagnosis of the systems
- Skill in using trade related and various hand and power tools.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to operate basic computer functions (email, digital time card, data entry, and others.).
- Working knowledge of building automation controls and the diagnosis and repair of the systems.
- Ability to coordinate contracted work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to read and understand HVAC equipment drawings.
- Ability to coordinate contracted work and inspect once complete.
- Knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).