Manager Financial & Business Svcs
|Date Opened||11/12/2019 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$80,184.00 - $128,294.40/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Documented supervisory experience
- History of strategic planning events that will occur during the year which impact the department’s annual expenditures and/or revenues
- Experienced in financial tracking and reporting requirements for enterprise funds in compliance with Bond Resolutions and/or Ordinances.
- Experienced in evaluating Operating Budgets and large Capital Budgets; experienced in managing: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable and Debt Collections.
- Versed in government policies and procedures.
• Eight years or more work experience
• Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant or Governmental Finance Association Certifications is desired. Master’s degree a plus.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Foster loyalty, value, and leadership skills by practicing teamwork, group problem solving, and recognition.
• Emphasize accountability, education, challenges, and growth.
• Set example of strong work ethic and set high standard of expectations for staff.
• Ideal candidate would continue to foster the strengths of the team and build on what the group is currently successfully undertaking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs the development of the WRD and SWMD annual rate studies and the presentation of the rate studies for consideration by the community at large, interested customers, special interest groups, and the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC).
• Directs the development of and provides professional services to update statistical and financial data for bond Official Statements and amendments to Bond Resolutions/Ordinances. Validates, interprets, and reports statistical and financial data that is periodically reported to the Bond Rating Agencies by the Debt Management Team to preserve and/or improve bond ratings for the WRD and SWMD.
• Directs the development and implementation of the WRD and SWMD $300M annual budgets for the operation and maintenance of potable water, wastewater, reclaimed water, solid waste collection, and solid waste disposal (including funding for 866 positions); plus the five-year capital budget of $900M for expansion, rehabilitation, and replacement of related facilities.
• Supports procedures to prioritize funding for the Capital Improvement Projects for the WRD and SWMD. Evaluates both existing and proposed projects and programs of the Department related to compliance and effectiveness in achieving the financial goals. Interface with Bond Consultants (Rate Consultant; Bond Engineer; Bond Counsel; or compliance, development of capacity components and determination of expansion percentages related to Tampa Bay Water and WRD debt service requirements.
• Manages staff to ensure productive, efficient, cost-effective savings, and innovative service delivery of financial management. Conducts related performance review, coaching, and counseling.
• Supports the update of the system’s financial planning, incorporating strategic actions, capital improvements, capital financing, comprehensive plan elements, and other related utility plans for the WRD and SWMD.
• Monitors the development and/or updating of policies and procedures to implement the financial plans of the Department, including proposed changes to the Bond Resolutions/Ordinances. Reviews quarterly and year-end financial statements prepared by the Clerk’s Office for the WRD Enterprise and SWMD Enterprise. Represents the Department on countywide committees.
• Investigates issues and prepares timely responses for internal and external customers, including responses to administrative referrals that are concise, accurate and professional.
• Other duties as assigned
• Highly Complex: Supervisor is available to review established departmental and/or County objectives. Independent judgement is required to recommend departmental or County objectives, evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions.
• Requires regular contacts with internal and external persons of importance and influence. Involving considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others. Requires the handling of delicate relationships and complex situations.
• Four to twelve months: Plan events that will occur during the year, and have some effect on the department's annual expenditures, and or revenues.
• Responsible for making recommendations within a department in the areas of compensation, staff selection, disciplinary action, complaint, staff performance appraisal, and similar supervisory duties. Plan, assign, and evaluate the work of subordinates for effective operation and results.
• Makes decisions and final recommendations which routinely affect the activities of others. Position duties may include responsibility for developing strategic plans.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*