Personal Computer Specialist
|Date Opened||11/18/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,235.20 - $77,188.80/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Candidate should have knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, and features associated with personal computing hardware, peripheral devices, and computer network connectivity infrastructure.
• Candidate should have knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of end-user industry standard operating systems, office productivity software suites, and desktop management software.
• Candidate should have knowledge of enterprise application deployment technologies and methods.
• Candidate should have the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot end-user hardware and software products.
• Candidate should have the ability to work and communicate (both verbally and in writing) effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
• Candidate should have the ability to develop, review and edit technical documentation.
• Candidate should have the ability to effectively plan and organize work assignments.
• Candidate should have the ability to lift end-user hardware up to 30 pounds.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in the field of information technology or related engineering field;
Two years of experience providing operating system and application installations, upgrades, and imaging for personal computing devices, peripheral devices, and office productivity software applications.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Position is typically in an office environment.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position require employees to walk, kneel, bend, and lift end-user hardware up to 30 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Provides Tier-2 technical support for escalated hardware/software issues in supporting systems related to personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems for installed personal computers.
- Performs operating system and application installation, setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and remedial maintenance for personal computing operating systems, industry-standard office productivity software suites, end user applications and desktop management software.
- Performs hardware installation, setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and remedial maintenance for personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Prepares new computers and equipment with the necessary encryptions and specifications as per county policy and sets up for installation deployment and use.
- Performs network connectivity troubleshooting for end-user devices.
- Train and orient staff on the use of hardware and software.
- Work with Helpdesk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Reads computer hardware and software product literature and specifications, evaluates utilities, assist users in testing new hardware and software before deploying.
- Provide end user training on new hardware and software to enhance the user's knowledge and capabilities.
- Drives a vehicle to remote locations to deliver, pickup, install and/or troubleshoot equipment problems to ensure the operational readiness of equipment.
- Works with vendors, clients, and other technical staff to resolve technical issues related to vendor-specific supported infrastructure.
- Develops, edits, and presents, technical reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of industry computing hardware standards, characteristics, and features associated with personal computers, peripherals, and end-user devices.
- Knowledge of software standards, functionality, and capabilities of end-user industry-standard operating systems, end-user industry-standard office productivity software suites, desktop management software, and enterprise application deployment technologies and methods.
- Knowledge of standards and characteristics of computer network infrastructure and connectivity.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware/software technical issues associated with personal computers, peripherals, and end-user devices.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*