Solutions Architect (Enterprise Data Architect)
|Date Opened||11/15/2019 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$77,105.60 - $123,364.80/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Experience in enterprise application integration (EAI)
• Experience connecting to applications using published API and Web Service interfaces
• Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
• Extensive expertise in Oracle or MS SQLServer or MySQL database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical
• Exceptional ability to effectively communicate with technical and Business colleagues and make complex ideas understood
• Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience for collecting Business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema
• Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes various sources for answers, and leverages existing best practices when can
• Action oriented – Enjoys working hard and is full of energy for things that are seen as challenging
• Peer relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with minimum noise; is a team player and gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration and can be candid with leadership and peers
• Seven to ten (7-10) years of work experience being responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise systems managing multiple, large, or cross-functional project teams
• Progressively responsible experience in information management/data architecture
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Define Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) architecture standards, policies, and procedures.
• Provide technical leadership for developing and maintaining the integration architecture.
• Analyze business requirements, assess implementation alternatives and formulate overall design approaches. Typically involves in-depth analysis and profiling of data to be exchanged.
• Develop, test, implement, automate, and support integration solutions.
• Document integration solutions (e.g. data models, data flows, mapping, transformations).
• Publish integration usage guides.
• Diagnose and resolve integration data issues and process failures.
• Other duties as assigned
• Enterprise Application Integration development
• Relational and dimensional database modeling concepts
• Relational and dimensional database modeling concepts
• Connecting applications using published API and Web Service interfaces
• Strong problem analysis and decision-making ability
• SQL coding
• Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes various sources for answers, and leverages existing best practices when can. Will look beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop when faced with obstacles.
• Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with minimum noise; is a team player and gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration and can be candid with leadership and peers.
• Can effectively cope and change, shifting gears comfortably and without upset when things are uncertain.
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems. Probes various sources for answers, and leverages existing best practices. Will look beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop when faced with obstacles
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*