Senior Supervisor(North West Transfer Station)
|Date Opened||11/7/2019 6:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,929.60 - $70,304.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Two or more years of experience directly related to the position’s duties.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Manage the day and night operations at the Northwest Transfer Station. Coordinates work activities and resources for employees to haul garbage from facility to facility. Transfer station is open to contractors, haulers, and members of the public and services anywhere from 100-250 customers daily.
- Manage and supervise employees at the Community Collection Center. Site is open to members of the public and services anywhere from 120 - 400 customers daily. Reviews and pro actively handles any operational problems.
- Supervise and direct 10-20 employees on site and spread throughout the county at all times of the day and night. Ensures compliance to DEP, EPC, SWANA, and industry regulation & standards.
- Set performance standards and operational goals for equipment operators, drivers, and collection center attendants. Implements goals, objectives, policies & procedures for large staff. Write employee performance evaluations, counselling and disciplinary actions when needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment or schedule repair work & maintenance for tractors, trailers, cranes and all heavy equipment. Troubleshoot and repair or schedule repairs/maintenance work for transfer station, administration building & facility when needed. (Leachate pick ups, DEF fluid, hydraulic, oils, etc.)
- Customer service for internal and external customers (commercial haulers & members of the public); Pull up and print out tax bills for customers, oversee Community Service Workers on site and record hours worked; Handle CRM cases.
- Conduct safety and compliance inspections for Facility, Fuel Tank, Fire Extinguishers, Fire Pump and Fire Suppression System , Alarm systems, etc.) ; Conduct weekly team safety briefings and monthly safety meetings for staff at Northwest; Serve as facility representative on departmental Safety Action Team.
- Daily input into Maintstar including work input of employees, driver loads, weights, equipment usage and hours; Creating and closing work orders for facility; Kronos input- check employee's time cards, make adjustments for sick time, scheduling conflicts, approve time off, monitor overtime and approve time cards.
- Develop, recommend and implement new and revised policies; Schedule employee training;. Assess staffing needs, request new hires, conducts interviews and hires new staff; Manage PCARD and reports; Assist with site budgeting and purchasing.
- Investigate accidents, responsible for all paperwork as it pertains to any accident or incident involving Hillsborough County employees and/ or property; Coordinate random drug screenings, post accident screenings and DOT physicals during and after business hours.
- Cover after hours special projects (pressure washing, building maintenance etc.); Equipment operation when we are shorthanded; Customer intake and directing traffic when we are shorthanded; Cover employee lunches when we are short handed; Order supplies, monitor allocated funds and control expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of management.
- Considerable knowledge of services, activities, requirements and objectives at the Northwest Transfer Station / Solid Waste Department.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations pertaining to the Solid Waste Department / Industry.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, managements, etc. to accomplish the department's mission statement.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in order to present information and prepare a variety of reports.
- Ability to identify relationships that explain facts, data or other information, and make correct inferences or draw accurate conclusions.
- Ability to effectively manage, supervise and coordinate personnel and budget to implement assigned tasks in multiple projects.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*