|Date Opened||11/11/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$77,105.60 - $123,364.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to walk, climb stairs and ladders, run, stoop, bend, stand, push, pull, move and carry heavy objects.
- Standing for long periods.
- Ability to perform surgery for up to six hours per day.
- Small working spaces, walking or working on uneven surfaces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Examines and treats sick or injured animals.
- Performs spay neuter surgeries on adoption and foster animals.
- Examines and treats investigation animals to include completion of medical reports.
- Overseeing the health of all shelter and foster animals, vaccinating and treating as needed.
- Provides internal and external customer service.
- Research new products and techniques to provide best practices in animal care.
- Testify in court as needed.
- Provide assistance to the Chief Veterinarian and Agency Director as needed for important activities.
- Provide necessary education/training for personnel in order to maintain and upgrade skill levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
- Requires ability to create treatment plans in a shelter that operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Independent judgment is required to recommend the best option for an animal and the shelter.
- Must be able to make plans to accommodate an increase in surgeries, treatments, and other medical demands.
- Required to have the ability to deal with acute illness and trauma and be able to coordinate a team to determine the best treatment plan.
- Evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions.
- Requires regular contact with internal and external customers involving considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in obtaining the cooperation of others.
- Calls for a well-developed sense of timing, strategy and may involve detailed explanation and interpretation of policies, rules and regulations.
- Ability to boost morale, encourage engagement and professional development with team members.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties. We also provide continuing education expenses such as conference registration and travel.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year and Paid Time Off (PTO)
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.