|Date Opened||11/14/2019 11:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,464.00 - $98,342.40/year|
|Department||Communications & Digital Media Svcs|
A 2-year degree in Information Systemsor Computer Science ; AND
Two or more years’ experience designing, developing, and maintaining large complex websites that utilize mid-market web content management systems; AND
One year of experience with relational databases; AND
One year of experience with version control
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted; AND
Sitecore Developer certification within first year of employment.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Indoor office work. Regular business hours with some on-call work after hours.
- Occasionally requires travel, including overnight stays.
- Occasionally intermittently sitting, standing, bending or stooping
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and maintain the County’s websites and web content management systems (WCMS).
- Design, develop, and maintain existing web-based applications using current framework standards.
- Design, develop and maintain new web-based applications for various County departments working closely with project stakeholders to define and document business requirements & workflows.
- Identify and correct problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing.
- Develop and maintain solution documentation by using code comments and code examples.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Adhere to approved requirements, established timelines, industry best practices and security standards.
- Expand knowledge of new technologies as needed for new project requirements. Self-educate on industry standards and emerging technologies regularly.
- Stays abreast of new technological opportunities to better help provide the best value‐added solutions to the enterprise. Maintains system certifications and training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of modern HTML and CSS standards.
- Intermediate level experience with object-oriented programming.
- Intermediate level experience with responsive web design standards.
- Intermediate level experience with Sitecore XP or other mid-market web content management systems.
- Intermediate level experience with version control.
- Intermediate level experience with relational databases.
- Intermediate level experience with RESTful web services.
- Basic knowledge with web-related challenges and practices relating to 508 compliance and WCAG accessibility guidelines.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*