Senior Public Relations/Information Specialist
|Date Opened||1/23/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/6/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,924.80 - $53,913.60/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Experience using a multi-line switchboard and taking and relaying messages in a timely and communicative manner
- Experience with a variety of software programs to include: MS Word and Outlook
- Experience in OnBase (scanning, indexing and redacting) is highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills in order to provide professional, courteous assistance to a variety of customers to include: interaction with the public, County Commissioners and their aides, and other County agencies;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent writing and grammar skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- The ability to deal with difficult customers, both face to face and on the phone, in the most professional and courteous manner possible
- The ability to work independently and the skills to be a cooperative team member
- The ability to project a professional image and demeanor in both dress and leadership that will be an example to coworkers;
- The ability to meet deadlines, the skill to be detailed oriented and organized as well as the ability to multi-task;
- Strong ethics, integrity, accountability, and a team player mentality.
Three years of experience working in a customer service role.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Skill in making presentations to groups
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public
• Ability to deal with difficult customers, both face to face and on the phone, in the most professional and courteous manner possible
• Ability to project a professional image and demeanor in both dress and leadership that will be an example to coworkers
• Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of other employees
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a detailed-oriented and organized manner
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to operate general office equipment
• Ability to work independently and effectively with others
• Excellent customer service skills in order to provide professional, courteous assistance to a variety of customers to include: interaction with the public, County Commissioners and their aides, and other County agencies
• Strong ethics, integrity, accountability, and a team player mentality.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Uses office equipment and software to receive and respond to customer requests and complaints, document needs and concerns, and refer customers to other parties.
• Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills and etiquette while communicating with customers both verbally and in writing.
• Provides customer service support to the public and professional staff.
• Performs various administrative, secretarial, and confidential functions and duties supporting the director.
• Composes, proofreads and edits correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, logs, and reports in final form, for approval by director.
• Distributes staff incoming mail.
• Accesses and secures restricted, sensitive and confidential records or information.
• Researches and responds to requests for information and assistance and refers to director or other professional staff, as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.