Court Clerk III (Child Support)
|Date Opened||4/16/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,171.20 - $57,387.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is looking for new members to join our team as part of one of the finest organizations in Hillsborough County. Employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court provide quality service to our public.
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
*Please note: this job opportunity is open for current Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and Four (4) years of clerical experience; including Two (2) years of experience in the processing, examining, preparing or reviewing of any type of legal document and two years of experience cashiering and/or in providing assistance in a customer service based environment where cashiering was required.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices, procedures, and methods.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations concerning Child Support cases and receipting.
- Knowledge of basic legal terminology.
- Ability to work with cases of a confidential nature.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verifications of data.
- Ability to balance a cash drawer/checks and operate ten key adding machine.
- Ability to independently perform accounting tasks of considerable difficulty.
- Skills using a computer with basic understanding of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Capable of reading/understanding Court documents and perform money/math calculations.
- Ability to perform accurate data entry and perform entries and adjustments to a Child Support system.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of clerical staff.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of prioritizing & organizing work.
- Capable of learning rapidly and functioning as needed.
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with government officials, outside agencies, other employees within the Department, other Clerk’s office employees, and the public.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
· Work as Front Counter Cashier and periodically work face to face with public resolving issues.
· Provide guidance and training to lower level staff members.
· Coordinate the work of lower staff members.
· Cashier in multiple systems & process payments for the Department.
· Interact with Customers, Attorneys and members of the Judiciary.
· Receipt mail and checks.
· Process Court Orders.
· Collect, sort, and receipt checks.
· May testify in court for Child Support related issues.
· Be back-up to lower level staff members, i.e., enter new cases into Odyssey and Clerk‘s application CLCRE for Child Support and Alimony and perform various tasks.
· Be able to do functions in a repetitive manner over long periods of time.
· Ability to analyze accounts, research records and determine cause of errors.
· Audit accounts.
· Data Entry.
· Produce letters and notices related to financial obligations.
· Maintain accounting records and files.
· Special projects requested by management.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.