Accounting Clerk III
|Date Opened||5/9/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,924.80 - $53,913.60/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- At least two (2) years of accounts payable experience working in a large volume, fast paced AP environment
- At least a two-year degree in Accounting or a Business-related major with at least 15 credit hours of Accounting
- Significant experience working with an automated financial system and document imaging and workflow system
An Associate's degree with a major in Accounting or Finance; and
Two years of experience in bookkeeping or financial record keeping.
Note: Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
A passing score on a general clerical/accounting exam.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and policies governing assigned functional accounting area.
- Knowledge of computer operations using accounting and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to plan, schedule, assign, monitor, train, review and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job related rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare accounting, financial, and statistical reports.
- Ability to compile, analyze and/or audit accounting, budgetary, fiscal, payroll and leave data.
- Ability to use accounting software, word processing, spreadsheet, and related software applications.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Processes various categories of contract and non-contract invoices for payment (ex: purchase order and non-purchaser order invoices, purchasing card, etc.)
- Performs pre-audits of invoices prior to posting into the automated accounting system
- Processes employee pre-trip travel requests and travel reimbursements
- Processes utility bills
- Performs research using the accounting system and document archiving/workflow system
- Works with multiple departments and suppliers to resolve invoice or payment discrepancies
- Performs related work as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.