|Date Opened||5/9/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,779.20 - $74,235.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; and
Four years of experience as a professional accountant.
Note: Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and policies governing payroll, leave, fiscal and accounting books, records, and accounts.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computers using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and various accounting software.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to schedule, assign, monitor, and review the work of subordinates.
- Ability to analyze and audit accounting, fiscal, payroll and leave data and reports.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job related rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop computer based spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, and reports.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls, and/or supervises assigned accounting and financial functions, programs, and systems
- Supervises a team of seven accounting clerks; prepares performance evaluations, inputs time and attendance and other personnel related tasks
- Oversees the processing of purchase orders and direct invoices for contracts, travel and p-card invoices; monitors and reassigns workload as appropriate
- Performs research using OnBase, Oracle EBS Financials, and other resources to resolve Procure-to-Pay discrepancies
- Reviews and prepares journal entries
- Processes staled dated and returned checks
- Reviews work of subordinates and assists in processing invoices during backlogs
- Provides input and/or drafts and maintains operational procedures
- Performs system testing for enhancements or break/fix solutions
- Plans and supervises all accounting functions and activities including disbursements, budget development and analysis, revenue accounting, and preparation of statistical and/or fiscal reports; may manage related functions such as payroll, purchasing and inventory control
- Formulates, or participates in the formulation of accounting policies, systems, controls and procedures, and monitors their implementation; evaluates effectiveness of, and recommends changes of existing accounting and budgetary systems and controls
- Provides consultation as a technical lead or manages subordinates on specific accounting functions; evaluates the performance of subordinate staff providing guidance, training and assistance as needed to ensure effective and timely completion of assignments
- Coordinates activities with other departments to ensure adequate flow of pertinent information
- Reviews and approves nonrecurring accounting entries and adjustments
- Prepares complex analysis and reports on accounting problems or projects
- Provides advice and assistance to departments on a variety of accounting problems
- Performs related work as required
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.