Accounting Clerk III (Payroll)
|Date Opened||2/8/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,924.80 - $53,913.60/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• At least two (2) years of processing payroll experience working in a large volume, fast paced environment
• At least a two-year degree in Accounting or a Business-related major with at least 15 credit hours of Accounting
• Significant experience working with an automated payroll, financial system and document imaging and workflow system
A passing score on a general clerical/accounting exam.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of basic payroll business practices and procedures, accounting systems, expenditure or revenue source documents, as well as general ledger and related accounting procedures.
• Knowledge of laws, rules, and policies governing assigned functional payroll accounting area.
• Ability to use ERP accounting systems and spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to analyze transactions and reports and make appropriate correcting entries.
• Ability to post, balance, and reconcile financial accounts and records.
• Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job related rules, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to prepare financial and statistical reports.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Auditing and processing payments to employees
• Initiating wire transfers.
• Communicating with departments and suppliers and performing research within the financial and document imaging workflow system to resolve invoice or payment issues.
• Performing reconciliation activities and account corrections
• Reviewing the work of accounting clerks.
• Works with multiple departments and suppliers to resolve invoice or payment discrepancies
• Performs related work as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.