Functional Support Analyst II (Oracle EBS)
|Date Opened||1/30/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,283 - $88,816/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
*Please note: this opportunity is open to current, tenured Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!*
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• A demonstrated understanding of GASB Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Experience using or supporting Oracle Payables, Receivables, Fixed Assets or General Ledger.
• A proven ability to research and analyze issues, and propose solutions.
• The aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and procedures.
• Experience effectively communicating accounting processes and issues to others.
• Proficiency with Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Experience writing procedures, use cases, instructional manuals, meeting agendas and minutes.
• Ability to work independently while effectively managing a heavy workload.
• Project management skills and an understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Willingness to work additional, non-standard hours when needed.
• A positive attitude and great customer service skills.
A Bachelor's Degree with concentration in accounting, business, computer, or related field; and
two(2) years of experience using Oracle Payables, Receivables, Assets, or General Ledger.
Note: Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of system and functional analysis methods.
• Knowledge in the use of various reference and online resources to solve application problems.
• Skill in verbal and written communication of technical information to non-technical users.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to compile, organize, interpret, and analyze data and information to solve application problems.
• Ability to interpret and evaluate system issues from a user perspective.
• Ability to systematically troubleshoot problems and implement corrective action as needed.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Provides assistance and support to application users in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
• Consults with technical support staff to assist solve issues, and tracks issues and their resolution in a database system.
• Enters, maintains, and audits data to assist with the correction of errors.
• Maintains application setup documentation, updates standard queries, and develops routine reports.
• Assists in the establishment, enforcement, and application of security; and maintains configuration and setup tables in application.
• Organizes and participates in meetings, conference calls, and video conferences, as needed.
• Participates in the change request process by documenting, testing and certifying changes to applications.
• Assists in the facilitation of training sessions, relaying user communications, and maintenance of user manuals, to keep users up-to-date on policies, procedures and processes.
• Assists with test scenarios, acceptance criteria, and scripts.
• Conducts studies pertaining to new functionality to determine impact on current configuration.
• Performs other related duties, as needed.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.