Technical Solutions Specialist II (Security Administrator)
|Date Opened||2/12/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/15/2019 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$65,603 - $83,633/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess all of the levels of experience listed below:
- Checkpoint Firewall administration – at least two (2) years of experience
- Proofpoint email security administration – At least one (1) year of experience
- LogRhythm SIEM administration – At least two (2) years of experience
- Zscaler URL filtering – At least two (2) years of experience
- Vulnerability Scanning – At least two (2) years of experience
• Two (2) years of experience with Checkpoint firewalls to include two (2) years of experience in applicable software solutions
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience with Checkpoint firewalls
• Note: Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below; however, experience with Checkpoint firewalls is a must.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of network security technology such as firewalls, Internet filtering, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), anti-virus and anti-malware solutions, email threat management, certificates, encryption, penetration testing, and other security solutions.
• Ability to research and stay current on new and emerging Information Security threats and the solutions to mitigate them.
• Knowledge of facility physical security solutions such as surveillance systems and access control systems.
• Ability to work effectively with network administrators, system administrators, application architects and administrators, business managers and directors, and other staff in implementing and managing information security.
• Ability to assist technical staff in troubleshooting network and system problems to determine whether firewalls or other security solutions may be impacting systems, networks, and applications.
• Ability to analyze root cause of problems and recommend resolution and preventative techniques.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to organize work, establishes priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
• Ability to maintain discretion when dealing with security related matters.
• Ability to physically install servers and equipment as needed.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Configures and maintains firewalls, VPN, IPS, SIEM, DLP, anti-virus, anti-malware, and other Information Security technologies.
• Reviews event logs from various security systems, responds to various alerts and takes appropriate action.
• Handles sensitive requests and inquiries from senior management and Human Resources with appropriate discretion.
• Works effectively with internal and external auditors authorized to review and evaluate Information Security systems and programs.
• Conducts investigation of security incidents including forensic analysis of systems to identify possible security breaches. Reports information to management or law enforcement as appropriate, and takes action to mitigate the impact of security incidents.
• Proactively monitors systems to identify security incidents or problems with security; researches solutions using vendor support, technical documentation, and other sources; takes corrective action where needed.
• Carries a Clerk issued mobile device and responds to system notifications, emails, and phone calls after hours as needed.
• Maintains system hardware and software inventory to include all relevant information.
• Performs regular software updates to ensure system security, reliability, and vendor support.
• Conducts approved penetration testing on behalf of the organization to identify weaknesses in security. Reports weaknesses and remediation solutions to mitigate risk.
• Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.