|Date Opened||5/14/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,779.20 - $74,235.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Four (4) or more years of professional accounting experience (governmental accounting is a plus)
• Three (3) years of accounts payable experience
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience
• Experience with Oracle Payables.
• Experience with OnBase.
• Experience with interpreting legal and regulatory documents.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with Adobe Professional.
• Flexibility and the ability to multi-task at all times.
• A calm and patient demeanor.
This position is responsible for verifying the accuracy of the proper imaging and indexing of related payable documents within OnBase and reviews the workflows for timeliness and performance measures. This position is the trainer for the team employees and prepares and meets with the employees for performance review activities.
This is a team leadership position which sets an example to other employees, and as such is expected to promote team unity, act as a liaison for management, and participate in team and departmental functions in a willing and enthusiastic manner.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience and two (2) years of supervisory experience overseeing a staff of at least two
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and leadership skills.
- Skilled at effective oral and written communication.
- Skilled at monitoring, prioritizing, and organizing the work of others.
- Skilled at communicating with employees effectively on a supervisory level.
- Skilled at coaching and training employees in a variety of settings.
- Skilled at analyzing problems and developing solutions utilizing critical thinking.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting legal and technical documents
- Skilled at handling many issues simultaneously
- Skilled at writing, revising, and editing procedures.
- Skilled at mapping job workflow and identifying efficiency improvements
- Skilled at working with automated financial systems
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of accounts payable processes
- Knowledge of automated financial systems
- Knowledge of Excel and Word software
- Knowledge of the process entailed in researching Florida Statutes, county ordinances, Administrative Orders, etc.
Mentally capable of:
- Concentrating on detail work for long periods of time
- Analyzing and thinking through problems independently
- Moving from one task to another easily
- Prioritizing the work of others
- Withstanding stress and pressure
- Learning rapidly and work independently with minimal supervision
- Making sound business decisions.
- Developing good interpersonal business relations
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Supervises the activities of subordinate positions that process disbursement and accounts payable documents on behalf of the Clerk’s Office.
- Provides training for direct report positions
- Reads and interprets court order documents authorizing the disbursement of related funds such as mortgage foreclosures, bonds, and eminent domain in accordance with related statutes court authorized direction.
- Reviews and approves weekly and monthly distributions and prepares related monthly reports.
- Reviews/approves disbursements and related documents based on set approval levels.
- Acts as liaison with attorneys regarding court-ordered disbursement issues
- Ensures all disbursement events are properly documented and processed timely
- Reviews and reconciles liability accounts for accuracy in relation to monthly disbursement activities.
- Verifies the timely reconciliation of agency and registry accounts for accurate disbursements to be performed.
- Reviews workflow queues and system reports for timely processing of payments.
- Prepares and meets with employees for performance evaluation.
- Reviews/revises processes and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Performs work on special projects as assigned from time to time.
- Assists with the month-end and fiscal year-end processes.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.