Lead Property Control Specialist
|Date Opened||10/18/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,811.20 - $63,710.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Vast knowledge of property control and inventory procedures
- Familiarity with procedures relating to the disposal of surplus property
- Prior knowledge of purchasing, storekeeping and property control practices
- Proficiency with mathematical calculations and applying property and inventory control practices
- Organizational skills and the ability to maintain records of equipment, purchases and surplus property
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience in property control of capital assets.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
Please note: possession of a current, valid driver license is required for this position
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of property control, inventory procedures.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing procedures for disposal of surplus property.
- Working knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the unit or department to which assigned.
- Working knowledge of purchasing, storekeeping and property control practices.
- Working knowledge of property depreciation procedures.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations and applying property and inventory control practices.
- Ability to maintain records of equipment, purchases and surplus property.
- Ability to develop and maintain a database to verify proper identification of property and equipment.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to maintain work related records and prepare reports.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Establishes and maintains methods, procedures, and records to account for equipment purchases using computer operated software.
- Disposes of surplus property and accounts for all funds generated through these sales.
- Coordinates with property custodians to ensure all property is accounted for.
- Researches specifications to assist in determining appropriate equipment to purchase and prepares requisitions.
- Performs appraisals and/or assessments regarding the value of property based on condition and makes recommendations as to the appropriate disposition.
- Maintains current records for a wide variety of accountable equipment materials.
- Assigns property numbers, affix tags to accountable equipment, and records age, condition, and value.
- Initiates forms for the transfer of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.