Process Improvement Analyst
|Date Opened||1/23/2018 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/7/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,000 - $115,000 DOQ|
|Department||Civil Service Board|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Note: Applicants will NOT be excluded from the selection process for not having the criteria identified in this section below, but preference will be given to applicants who possess the following:
Experienced Human Resources Manager with credentialing from the Society of Human Resource Management, Human Resources Certification Institute, IPMA, or other Human Resources-related organization; and
Certified in Lean Six Sigma, or as a Sterling Reviewer; and
Five years of demonstrated project management experience implementing effective process improvement initiatives to establish a strong service culture using a proven process improvement methodology such as Lean Six Sigma, or Sterling, etc.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Five years of program/project management experience, some of which must have involved carrying out process improvement initiatives.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Comprehensive Knowledge of the Florida Sterling Award criteria, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to direct and manage multiple resources and projects simultaneously to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to apply Lean & Six Sigma methodologies with teams and individuals across organizations to facilitate improvements in execution of business processes
- Ability to build coalitions and partnerships among various stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and facilitate the open exchange of ideas and information
- Ability to develop performance metrics
- Ability to influence others and lead implementation of change without direct authority
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the particular agency/division/department to which they are assigned, individual employees may perform all or any of the duties described below.
- Facilitates cross-functional groups in discussion & documentation of business processes, pain points, and potential solutions; Help define future state processes and management metrics.
- Develops detailed business process maps; documents as-is and to-be business process steps and owners, work flows, potential problem modes, business controls and performance metrics.
- Performs analysis to determine root cause of process barriers, identify sources of inefficiencies, waste or excess costs, and develops recommendations for process improvements.
- Develops plans for full implementation of process improvement initiatives including project goals, scope, deliverables, resources, budget and timing, management controls and data reporting.
- Mentors and provides expertise to other project team members.
- Develops and presents project documentation and reports.
- Analyzes data to determine project's effectiveness and implements project/program adjustments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference CAN be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.