Director Soccer Complex
|Date Opened||3/30/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,995.20 - $108,804.80/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Director will be responsible for overall planning, organizing, controlling, monitoring, of the event operations and facility operations with an emphasis on service to, clients, booking events, coordinating activities, sponsorship sales, tournament organization, event related contract services, parking and event budgetary control at the Hillsborough County Soccer Complex.
In addition, the Director shall be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation and quality of service within the soccer complex operational departments.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Sports Management, Recreation Management, Business Administration or a closely related field; and
Five years of progressively responsible management experience of a sports facility or in recreational sports management.
NOTE: Additional years of Management experience noted above may substitute for education at the rate of two years experience for each year of college.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge in administrative, financial and operational rules, procedures and programs of the Tampa Sports Authority
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques used in the successful event management of an amateur tournament sports complex
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications; Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice
- Ability to consistently demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal behavior
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to interact with tenants, fellow employees, clients, contractors, the public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the public in the facilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Develops and implements long-term and day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the facility operations department and provide overall administrative supervision, coordination, scheduling, assigning, planning, monitoring, analyzing and organizing work assignments of operations manager, grounds manager, guest services staff, staff parking personnel, food and beverage personnel, interns and all contractors.
- Oversees and participates in the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of all department personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures; Ensures the development, ongoing improvement, and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the soccer operations department.
- Assists in the planning and analysis of facility remodeling projects, facility maintenance, construction and/or expansion projects in conjunction with Raymond James Stadium Director of Facility Services, Capital Project Manager, and Sr. Vice President of Stadium Operations; Assists in developing the annual capital improvement budget for the Hillsborough County Soccer Complex.
- Develops, maintains, coordinates and acts as liaison with tenants, outside organizations, contractors, vendors, county/city departments, code officials and private firms to facilitate communication and coordination with operations related internal planning; Participates in tenant, client and contractor meetings as required to ensure operational concerns and needs are met; Works effectively with all Authority tenants ensuring compliance with applicable agreements while promoting positive tenant relations.
- Oversees department specific budget meetings and provide revenue and expense projections for the soccer operations department; Monitors specific event and departmental budgets including verification of proper coding of departmental purchases to ensure accurate accounting and provide sufficient data for planning; Oversees purchasing procedures within the department to ensure compliance with Authority Enabling Act and purchasing guidelines; Develops, reviews and submits timely and accurate bid specifications for equipment and services in the soccer operations department.
- Seeks out, develops and maintains participation in industry related associations and trade shows to keep abreast of innovations and improvements in procedures and practices within the industry; Applies this knowledge in improvements to the delivery of services and reductions in operating expenses.
- Provides leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts; Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers; Conducts and maintains performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel; Counsels subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues; Conducts internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Provides a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA standards and local, state and federal laws including the American with Disabilities Act.
- Schedules, plans and conducts regular staff meetings with department employees to share relevant information and promote feedback relating to methods to improve service to internal and external customers and to ensure smooth coordination of department activities; Participates in weekly executive staff and monthly Authority staff meetings.
- Develops accurate bid specifications for department purchases; Reviews and approves facility staff payroll and daily departmental purchases; Follows all Authority purchasing procedures; Implements and oversees pricing, social media communication and tournament sales and oversight to provide the best value to the citizens of Hillsborough County while maximizing revenues; Collects and maintains data to provide history, trending and forecasting for data analysis; Assists in the development and implementation of revenue development strategies and operating efficiency measures, programs and systems to maintain or improve customer satisfaction.
- Oversees day to day management of all fields, building structures and systems including but not limited to: turf, roofs, floors, grounds, life safety, HVAC equipment, electrical, plumbing, telecommunications, maintenance storage facilities, domestic water and sewer, irrigation and event related equipment; Conducts regular inspections to review all facilities, equipment, personnel, general activity and share findings and observations with department managers and staff to assist in maintaining a superior level of function, polish and efficiency.
- Oversees and monitors daily cash receipts and complete daily bank deposits with Authority guidelines and procedures; Oversees food, beverage and merchandise sales for the soccer complex and ensure proper inventory controls; Reviews and reports any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to the Authority finance department in a timely manner.
- Ensures the safety of customers, staff, contractors and equipment by monitoring weather conditions daily; Closes complex or evacuate fields when hazardous conditions exist.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports on departmental activity; Oversees the creation and maintenance of the soccer operations department filing system and records to ensure that required documentation, event details, licensing and accurate event billing have been reviewed and filed.
- Performs other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.