COURT COUNSELOR (FORENSIC INTERVIEWER)
|Date Opened||4/16/2018 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/23/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Solid knowledge based on issues related to child development and investigations.
- Successful completion of 40 hours minimum of specialized forensic interview training, which includes, but is not limited to, a working knowledge of dynamics of child sexual abuse, working knowledge of law enforcement and child protection services, ability to engage children of all ages in an interview-type setting, knowledge of the protocol required for a valid interview defensible in court.
- Prior forensic interview experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication, organizational and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards.
- Interview children 2-17 years of age and persons with developmental disabilities.
- Participate in bi-weekly case reviews.
- Facilitate pre- and post- child forensic interview meetings with multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Prepare post interview written reports.
- Respond to subpoenas and testify upon request.
- Maintain data for grant management.
- Participate in supervision of quarterly multidisciplinary peer reviews, quarterly child death reviews, professional development and on-going training activities.
- Represent the Child Advocacy Center in affiliated activities, such as tours and other community forums.
- Provide outreach education to investigators and /or community professionals and advocacy groups.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call (813) 272-6330.