Digital Court Reporter (Contractual)
|Date Opened||4/25/2018 2:30:00 PM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The position is responsible for digitally recording, annotating and indexing the multi-media court record of all digitally recorded court proceedings, hearings and trials for the 13th Judicial Circuit.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of legal terminology used in a court of law.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot the digital court reporting system utilized by the 13th circuit, including the emergency back-up system and system(s) which interface with other electronic courtroom systems.
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards.
- Monitor, annotate and index the multi-media court record of all digitally recorded court proceedings, hearings and trials for the purpose of producing a verbatim non-appellate and appellate transcript by the digital transcription service provider.
- Perform tests of digital court recording equipment located within the courtroom to ensure the digital court reporting system works properly prior to the start of all court proceedings; advise supervisor and helpdesk of improperly functioning equipment.
- Monitor audio quality and clarity and audio recordings of court proceedings, hearings and trials whether one-to-one, remotely or centralized. Annotate the court record.
- Provide playback of portions of the audio record while on and off the record.
- Process approved CD audio record requests from public/private attorneys and general public of specified court proceedings in a professional manner.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to email@example.com. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call (813) 272-6330.