|Date Opened||5/11/2018 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/25/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,000 - $75,650 /Start|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree with a major in Computer Science, MIS and at least 4 years of experience in information technology and/or relational database administration experience.
An extensive working knowledge of SQL Server Studio, and coding in SQL and knowledge of database design is also ideal.
A Bachelor's degree or higher with a major in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or a related field; and
Four or more years of experience in information technology, including two or more years of experience in relational database administration experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Server Studio and coding in SQL
- Knowledge of the principles and methods applied to database infrastructure planning,
implementation, maintenance and management
- Knowledge of database design for relational, hierarchical, OLAP, OLTP and other
- Knowledge of various other technical disciplines of the industry
- Knowledge of information security practices and applicable laws relating to information
security, and the effective application of same in a like environment
- Ability to research, compile, and summarize statistical data and information that is easily
understood by intended audience
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve potential and real operations and system
deficiencies to ensure continued and non-disrupted service to system users
- Ability to analyze root cause of problems and recommend resolution and preventative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical and nontechnical
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up
on assignments with minimal direction
- Designs, develops, implements, integrates and maintains complex databases.
- Creates shell scripts for task automation.
- Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Designs and documents database architecture.
- Allocates disk space for new tables and monitors space utilization for existing data tables.
- Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed
- Develops database utilities and automated reporting.
- Recommends database management systems, hardware platforms and data distributions
to be used in system implementations.
- Ensures the integrity of database files through the daily monitoring of database back-ups,
logs and transaction statistics.
- Designs, implements and tests database backup, recovery systems, database migration
and archiving systems and procedures.
- Directs the maintenance and the installation of new releases of database software.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.