|Date Opened||5/18/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,200.00 - $70,720.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
The Facility Manager - Grounds will be responsible for planning, organizing, controlling and monitoring event and grounds operations to insure the maintenance and improvement of the overall appearance and integrity of the grounds, landscaping and field painting to provide a superior experience to the tenants and guests of Hillsborough County's Tournament Sports Complex.
The Facility Manager - Grounds shall be responsible for the management, coordination and supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Facility Coordinator, Facility Specialist, and Assistant Facility Specialists insuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
In addition, the Facility Manager - Grounds shall assist in the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service, and a safe work environment.
High School graduate or possession of a GED; and
Eight years of previous grounds/landscaping experience derived from a large public venue; three years of which MUST have been in a supervisory capacity; and
Possession of a valid ornamental and turf spray license.
An Associate's Degree; and
Six years of previous grounds/landscaping experience derived from a large public venue; three years of which MUST have been in a supervisory capacity; and
Possession of a valid ornamental and turf spray license.
A Bachelor's Degree; and
Four years of previous grounds/landscaping experience derived from a large public venue; three years of which MUST have been in a supervisory capacity; and
Possession of a valid ornamental and turf spray license.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of horticulture maintenance, irrigation systems and repairs, field changeovers, field painting, and field maintenance. Ability to identify weeds, poor plant health and soil moisture.
- Extensive knowledge of fertilizers, herbicides and pesticide application techniques including safety requirements involved in their effective application.
- Knowledge of administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the Tournament Sports Complex Operations Department.
- Knowledge of event preparation, plumbing, painting, carpentry and general building maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of large scale commercial irrigation systems.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications; Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Ability and willingness to monitor the work activities of all contract vendor services required.
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate records, logs and reports for the department.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the general public in and around the facilities.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs. and work in non-conditioned environment.
- Ability to operate mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts, tractors, mowers, paint-sprayers and landscaping equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of grounds keeping, landscaping, maintenance practices, landscaping equipment and systems and services such as irrigation, and chemical mixing derived from a recreational sports complex.
- Oversees the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the Tournament Sports Complex Operations Grounds Department and provides overall administrative supervision while planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of grounds maintenance, landscaping and field painting at the Sports Complex.
- Assures the highest quality service to all tenants by overseeing established goals for Grounds Department personnel.
- Participates in grounds and landscaping maintenance activities as required.
- Participates and coordinates the use of Grounds Department personnel in assisting the Event Operations Department in completing assignments as needed.
- Oversees the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of all Grounds Department personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures the development, ongoing improvement, and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the Grounds Department.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds, equipment, personnel, general activity and share findings and observations with the Director – Sports Complex and other departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, efficiency, and review and recommend equipment needs, supplies and materials required to provide services to the Authority and their clients.
- Coordinates departmental participation and performance in the automated preventive maintenance program; ensures department compliance and maintenance of equipment/systems database.
- Attends and participates in Operations/Event planning meetings, and participates in other weekly meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business.
- Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers.
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings with staff to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the grounds for events; Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings or maintenance held off site.
- Coordinates, maintains and acts as a liaison with outside organizations, vendors, other governmental departments, private firms and clients and operational service contractors, to include, but not limited to, irrigation, turf, painting, environmental agencies, DOT, pest and weed control, equipment rental, construction services and other miscellaneous trades who frequently service the facility and events.
- Writes timely and accurate bid specifications for departmental purchases.
- Reviews and approves Grounds Department payroll and departmental purchases.
- Follows all appropriate purchasing procedures accurately.
- Participates in budget meetings and provides input relating to expenditure projection.
- Verifies proper coding of all Grounds Department purchases to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate planning and expenditure projecting.
- Provides leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts.
- Conducts and maintains performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel.
- Counsels subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues.
- Conducts internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Seeks out, develops, and assists in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our clients. Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Provides a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepares reports as required.
- Creates and maintains grounds department filing system and records to ensure that all grounds department personnel, equipment, and supplies are accurately maintained.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.