Drug Court Specialist II
|Date Opened||6/12/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2018 11:59:00 AM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology or a closely related Social Science field; and
Three years of experience working in the field of addiction or mental health, to include co-occurring disorders.
Substitution: A Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate may substitute for one year of experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of community treatment services, methodologies and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Working knowledge of case management methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the criminal justice system for adults and juveniles and family dependency process.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local and state officials and the general public.
- Ability to review and evaluate programs and projects.
- Ability to perform statistical and computational tasks and analyze data to write reports.
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards.
- Serves as problem solving court case manager for criminal, civil, dependency and juvenile delinquency cases.
- Serves as liaison for drug court cases with agencies involved in the drug court programs.
- Administers drug screens to same-sex individuals.
- Communicates with criminal, dependency and juvenile delinquency case participants, to include crisis situations.
- Consults and collaborates with the judge, attorneys and community resource agencies.
- Prepares reports, maintains spreadsheets, drafts correspondence and other administrative tasks.
- Attends court to provide support to the presiding judge and performs case management functions.
- Handles the data entry of case-based information.
- Performs other related duties as required.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to email@example.com. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call (813) 272-6330.
* The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.