Security and Parking Manager
|Date Opened||6/27/2018 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.25 - $34.04/hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Security and Parking Manager shall be responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Security, Ushers, and Parking operations ensuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
In addition, the Security and Parking Manager shall assist in the development and implementation of the Emergency Response Plan, departmental financial reports, and operational policies and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in criminal justice, sports management, business administration or a related field; and
At least five years of security and parking experience in a stadium or public assembly venue; and possession of a valid driver's license.
Equivalent combination of education and experience and possession of a valid driver's license.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- The Security and Parking Manager shall be knowledgeable in all administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the City of Tampa Police, City of Tampa Fire, Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office, Hillsborough County Fire Department, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Florida State Highway Patrol, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Department of Homeland Security and Raymond James Stadium Parking and Security Departments
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Develop and maintain accurate records, logs and reports for the department.
- Position requires ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the general public in and around the facilities.
- Knowledge of safety requirements (OSHA, NFPA, ADA) for events or functions.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse support services for events or functions.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift over 50 lbs. and work in non-conditioned environment
- Must have a thorough knowledge of office equipment and computer systems with a demonstrated ability to use business applications.
- Implement and maintain the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the Security and Parking Departments and provide supervision while scheduling, hiring, organizing, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of the security, front of house and parking personnel at Raymond James Stadium. Assures the highest quality service to all guests and tenants by enforcing established goals for Security, Front of House Parking Department personnel.
- Coordinates with internal departments, outside organizations, tenants, vendors, other governmental departments, private firms and clients and operational contractors, to include, but not limited to, local, regional and national law enforcement agencies, local fire departments, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Outback Bowl, the University of South Florida, guest services, security, ushers, 24 hour security, parking, events, maintenance of traffic planning, and other misc. event promoters and service providers who frequently service event operations. Coordinates game day preparations to include, but not limited to, maintenance of traffic, usher, police, fire marshals, emergency medical technicians, security and guest service staffing, gate setup, signage placement, barricade placement, credentials, parking passes, wristbands and other front of house/security coordination and preparation activities.
- Identify potential or existing security risks to the overall organization and present such risks for resolution. Responsible for the oversight of the Stadium Emergency Response Plan and leading the development and maintaining of Safety Act Certification for the Stadium.
- Oversees the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of Security, Usher and Parking Department personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Assists in the development and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the Security, Usher and Parking Departments.
- Review and evaluate Stadium’s Maintenance of Traffic and Parking Operations and make recommendations on how to increase and maximize efficiency and revenue generation. Act as Stadium liaison with Parking partners and vendors, included, but not limited to: Park Jockey, 7-1-7, other Authority contractors, and ride share companies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of budgetary procedures and controls. Assist in verification of proper coding of departmental expenses to ensure accurate accounting and provide sufficient data for financial preparation and budget planning. Prepares security, maintenance of traffic, usher, fire marshal, police, emergency medical technician, and parking event billing invoices for proper billing by the operations department. Participate in budget meetings and provide input relating to expenditure projection. Verify proper coding of payroll, event expenses, and purchases to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate billing, planning and expenditure projecting.
- Conduct regular facility reviews and inspections of the Stadium’s safety and security policies and share findings and observations with departmental managers to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency. Review and recommend equipment, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority and their clients.
- Conduct trainings and briefings for audiences ranging from executive level to front-line staff.
- Attend and participate in Authority Operations/Event planning meetings when required. Participate in other weekly meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external and to ensure efficient operations of the grounds for events. Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings held off site. Provide leadership to and serve as the Operations Department representative on the Authority’s Safety Committee.
- Write timely, accurate RFP and bid specifications for departmental purchases. Responsible for the oversight of the RFP, contract and general supervision of the Stadium 24 Hour Security and Event Security partners.
- Provide leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts. Participate in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers. Conduct and maintain performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel. Counsel subordinate personnel and service contractors as required to manage personnel issues. Conduct internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Seek out, develop, and assist in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our clients. Keep abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Provide a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Use computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports as required. Create and maintain event folders and guest service, usher, security, law enforcement, fire safety and Parking Department filing systems and records to ensure that all department personnel, equipment, and supplies are accurately maintained and invoiced to events.
- Perform other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.