Public Records and Information Manager
|Date Opened||7/2/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$76,400 – $158,000|
Tampa International Airport is seeking an innovative leader to manage the Central Records department within the Aviation Authority. This role is responsible for managing the Authority’s records and information management function and setting goals and strategic direction for the department. The Central Records department manages the retention, storage and eventual disposal of physical and electronic records and oversees mailroom activities. This position serves as the Authority’s chief records custodian and subject matter expert for the management of all recorded information (physical and electronic), generated and maintained by the Authority. The Pubic Records and Information Manager is responsible for directing people and programs to develop and realize the Authority’s records and information management vision through strategic and business planning. The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and supervisory skills, a positive attitude, integrity, flexibility and possess comprehensive management and leadership skills. The person selected as the Public Records and Information Manager will have a unique opportunity to help move the Authority into a state of the art electronic records management program.
Reporting to this position are Central Records personnel.
An Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Five years of increasingly responsible relevant experience, two (2) of which must have been in a project management, supervisory or lead capacity.
Certification in records and/or information management preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of principles, practices and methods of records management, to include identification, storage, circulation, retention and disposal of records; strategies, tools and technologies used to capture, manage, store, preserve and deliver information manually or electronically. Demonstrated experience working with an electronic records management system such as P8 or Laserfiche. The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, credit check and FBI/TSA background check is required.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Manages the Aviation Authority’s records management program, which includes the identification, classification and indexing of documents; the conversion of printed records eligible for alternative storage media and the retention of records.
- Maintains liaison with state archival officials to establish and provide retention and disposal standards and schedules for records and ensures agency compliance.
- Oversees the handling of public records requests and ensures compliance with the State of Florida Public Records Laws.
- Initiates and coordinates public records training Authority-wide.
- Interacts with department records custodians to ensure proper handling of department documents and coordinate archiving of records.
- Manages the Authority’s mailroom, including the sorting and delivery of incoming mail, preparation and sending of outgoing mail and delivery of inter-office mail.
- Ensures packages received are logged into the Delivery Tracking System.
- Oversees the logging of incoming cash and credit card payments received by the Authority.
- Maintains master record of all standard agency forms.
- Leads a broad range of large scale programs and project efforts acting as a business liaison with other departments to ensure appropriate information management practices and controls are in place to meet relevant information risk, policy and regulatory requirements.
- Assesses the activities of the Central Records team and recommend process improvements measured against national standards.
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place to enforce the confidentiality, privacy and security obligations for protected information working closely with Information Technology Services to identify evolving data protection risks, threats, trends and tools.
- Keeps current with information technology, related legal and industry standards, regulations and emerging practices and their impact on the planning and implementation of the records management program.
- Manages, directs and coordinates department activities; works with personnel to establish schedules and methods; develops and implements policies and procedures; assigns work activities, projects and programs; monitors workflow; reviews and evaluates work products methods and procedures; and reviews and approves time, reimbursement requests and purchases.
- Responsible for the selection, supervision and evaluation of assigned staff and ensures appropriate training is provided. Leads a team of direct reports in an ongoing coaching environment, focusing on continuous process improvement.
- Develops a business plan that ensures the accomplishment of the team goals and objectives for the different disciplines of records management.
- Develops and tracks team goals and objectives, analyzes team activities and prepares reports.
- Develops and monitors budget and forecasts needs for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Candidates for this position MUST fax a cover letter and resume to: