Multi-Trades Worker II
|Date Opened||9/13/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
Three years of experience as a skilled trades worker; and
Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques used in two or more construction trades
- Knowledge of safety procedures and safety equipment
- Knowledge of security procedures associated with handling the mail and sensitive information
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures
- Strong customer service skills
- Skill in the use of hand and electrical tools and equipment used in building and construction
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability and willingness to perform work under varied and demanding environments and conditions
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty pounds
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to prioritize work
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards
- Assists with light construction projects to include wall framing, drywall installation and finishing and painting.
- Performs routine repairs on furniture and equipment using hand and power tools.
- Sets up and breaks down tables, chairs and other items needed for the many events held at the court locations.
- Assists in judicial and court administration employee relocations.
- Conducts routine and project-specific inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary.
- Responsible for orderly appearance and organization of storage facilities surrounding mail station, to include sweeping the receiving dock area, as necessary.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail, parcels and other materials according to delivery routes and schedules; Performs emergency deliveries among the various court locations.
- Maintains and stocks supplies for courthouse mailroom.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to email@example.com. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call (813) 272-6330.
*The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.