IT Systems Administrator
|Date Opened||10/4/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,000 - $95,000 DOQ|
|Department||Environmental Protection Commission|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology; and
Two years of experience providing network account management; monitoring, maintaining, and supporting complex and diverse information systems hardware and software.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, and features associated with network server platforms running Windows and Linux operating systems, server based applications, network storage systems, enterprise level backup systems, desktop operating systems, end-user applications, industry standard office productivity software suites, desktop management software, personal computers, peripheral devices, end-user devices, and data network infrastructure & connectivity
- Knowledge of installing, managing, supporting, upgrading Microsoft Windows server and RedHat Linux operating systems, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft System Center, shared Storage Area Network (SAN) systems, enterprise disk based & tape backup systems, industry backup methodology/processes, enterprise level server/personal computer patching methodology, and enterprise level virtualization technologies for servers & remote access virtual desktop infrastructure
- Knowledge of application management methodology and processes of developing, testing and deploying end user applications and desktop operating system images with enterprise level application deployment technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory account management, server management, and user authentications
- Knowledge of project methodology to manage routine technical projects and the ability to develop, review and edit technical project documentation as well as other technical reports & documentation
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users, and communicate (both verbally and in writing) to end-users, vendors, management, and peers
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work assignments
- Ability to lift end-user hardware up to 30 pounds
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Performs installation, setup, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting, and remedial maintenance for networked servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computing devices, peripherals, end user applications.
- Provides technical support for complex computer hardware, software, and end-user network connectivity issues.
- Performs data backup and restores of server applications, databases and user data files.
- Creates, deletes or transfers user accounts and manages access control based on county policies.
- Builds, configures, tests and deploys server & personal computer operating system images and desktop applications utilizing automation software and processes.
- Provides end user training on new hardware and software to enhance the user's knowledge and capabilities.
- Reads computer hardware and software product literature and specifications, evaluates utilities, assist users in testing new hardware and software before deploying.
- Manages routine technical projects and develops, reviews, and edits technical project documentation as well as other technical reports/documentation.
- May drive a vehicle to remote locations to deliver, pickup, install and/or troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, should notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.