Senior Facility Technician HVAC - Mechanical Services
|Date Opened||10/9/2018 4:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,040.00 - $64,064.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Senior Facility Technician HVAC-Mechanical Services will be responsible for the management, coordination and supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Facility Technician HVAC-Mechanical Services, Mechanical and Controls contractors and insuring that HVAC services are provided in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
In addition, the Senior Facility Technician HVAC - Mechanical Services will follow the Authority's operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service and a safe work environment.
Five years of experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC and mechanical systems.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of building HVAC and mechanical systems equipment, operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the operations of the department
- Knowledge of ability to effectively perform CPR and use an Automated External Defibrillator
- Ability and willingness to be in an on-call status and work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; Adjustments of shifts, overtime, and breaks may be required upon short notice
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, BMS control and electrical drawings, diagrams and schematics
- Ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner
- Ability to present and maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public in the facilities
- Ability to monitor the work activities of all contract vendors
- Ability to exhibit exceptional organizational and interpersonal behavior
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in high places
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs and work in non-conditioned environment
- Ability to operate mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, highlifts, and scissor lifts
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Oversees the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the HVAC Mechanical Services Department and provides overall administrative supervision while planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of direct reports, and mechanical and controls contractors at Raymond James Stadium.
- Assures the highest quality service to all tenants by overseeing established goals for HVAC Mechanical Services personnel.
- Participates in repairs and maintenance activities as required related to the repair, preventative maintenance, calibration, testing, modification and troubleshooting at the component level on heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, refrigeration, life safety and BMS control systems and equipment.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, schedules and operates mechanical, refrigeration, BAS control systems and equipment.
- Locates and corrects mechanical, refrigeration or BMS control failures.
- Assists other departments in repairs and maintenance activities as required related to plumbing, fire monitoring systems, emergency generators, and low voltage control systems.
- Provides event support services.
- Coordinates work with HVAC, BMS and mechanical service contractors, to include, but not limited to, lighting control, energy management, equipment rental, environmental agencies, construction services and other miscellaneous trades that service the facility and events.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to review facility, mechanical systems, building automation system, energy management system and life safety systems; Shares findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency, and review and recommend equipment, supplies and materials required to provide services to the Authority and their clients.
- Coordinates departmental participation in the automated preventive maintenance program; ensures department compliance and maintenance of equipment/systems database.
- Attends and participates in meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business.
- Conducts staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods for improving service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the facilities for events.
- Reviews and approves department staff payroll, departmental purchases and contractor invoices.
- Follows all appropriate purchasing procedures accurately.
- Participates in budget meetings and provides input relating to expenditure projections.
- Verify proper coding of all HV AC Mechanical Services department purchases to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate planning and expenditure projecting.
- Provides leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts; Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers; Conducts and maintains performance evaluations and professional development programs for subordinate personnel; Counsels subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues; Conducts internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommends and/or administers discipline as required.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the facilities for events.
- Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.