Port Traffic Technician
Limited to Port Tampa Bay Employees ONLY
|Date Opened||2/7/2019 4:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,464.00 - $63,398.40/year|
|Department||Port Tampa Bay|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of clerical experience which involves public contact; and
A current Port Tampa Bay employee.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of Port traffic operations
- Working knowledge of maritime regulations pertaining to Port operations
- Some knowledge of basic statistics
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to use a computer to quickly and accurately enter data
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Researches, compiles and maintains records relating to trade statistics, commodity movements, revenues and tariff rate comparisons. Prepares and distributes vessel arrival/departure schedules.
- Maintains mailing lists and assists in the preparation and distribution of Port publications.
- Collects monies, prepares receipts, and forwards collected monies to Port Authority Fiscal Department.
- Prepares various reports, logs and tally sheets.
- Prepares various traffic reports and related data.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.