|Date Opened||6/4/2019 10:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||Planning Commission / MPO|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year-round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa (County seat of Hillsborough County) offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Performs duties as a project leader within the Strategic Planning, Environmental, and Research Division, researching and analyzing information supporting the development, evaluation, monitoring and implementation of community and neighborhood plans, comprehensive plan studies, housing programs, corridor studies, policy development and land development regulations within unincorporated Hillsborough County and its municipalities.
A Master's degree in Urban or Community Planning;
What Accountability Means at Plan Hillsborough:
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of community and neighborhood planning principles and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of comprehensive planning principles and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of data collection methods and statistical analysis techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of laws and regulations governing comprehensive planning.
- Skill in the application of project management techniques.
- Considerable skill in making presentations to groups.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions, reports and presentations.
- Ability to use appropriate computer applications.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Conducts studies to be used in community and neighborhood plans and reports relating to land use, economic bases, transportation systems, utility systems, community facilities, population, housing, and neighborhood plans and programs.
- Collects, summarizes, analyzes, and presents facts and trends for use in evaluating land development proposals and community growth and development plans, studies and reports.
- May assist in the writing of comprehensive plan policy and land development regulations.
- May assist in the collecting, summarizing, and analyzing of data to develop capital improvement plans.
- May assist in the collecting, summarizing, and analyzing of data to develop market studies.
- Supervises the activities of others in preparing plans, studies and reports.
- Represents the organization at interdepartmental and intergovernmental meetings.
- Makes public presentations on plans, studies and reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
NOTE: Individuals hired may be asked to review Hillsborough County driving eligibility criteria and acknowledge understanding of its provisions.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process. Applicants currently serving in active duty are not eligible for veterans' preference. A veteran is defined as a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and was discharged or released under honorable conditions (or who later received an upgraded discharge under honorable conditions). However, current members of any reserve component of the United States Armed Forces or the Florida National Guard are eligible.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation (click here for further information on documentation requirements) that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation should be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.