Food & Beverage Attendant
|Date Opened||9/20/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$16,744.00 - $26,395.20/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
One (1) year of food and beverage preparation work experience preferred.
Must have the ability to learn and understand Point of Sale (POS) sales systems. Ability to demonstrate excellent oral communications in the English language. Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
In addition, the Food and Beverage Attendant shall be responsible for adherence to Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation and quality of service.
Completion of the ninth grade. and
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere in greeting guests while completing the following activities in the food and beverage department: take food and beverage orders, collecting payments, operating cash registers, preparing food and beverages, answering telephone, serving alcohol beverages, providing directions and providing other information on pricing and food/beverage selection as needed.
- Assist in verifying and reconciling cash drawer upon completion of work shift. Prepare deposit slip to be included in daily cash receipts.
- Assist with inventory control measures to complete monthly inventory counts as needed. Review and report any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to the Lead Food and Beverage Attendant and/or Operations Manager in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that food and beverage preparation and serving areas are kept in a clean and neat manner in accordance within established food preparation regulations.
- Assist in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- The Food and Beverage Attendant shall be knowledgeable in administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the food and beverage department.
- Working knowledge of short order food preparation, preparation and serving of alcohol and a working knowledge of proper sanitation practices and products utilized in food and beverage preparation.
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of leave shifts and breaks may be required upon short notice.
- Position requires ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.