Community Services Program Manager
|Date Opened||12/18/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,000 - $62,000/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County has been proudly serving children and families since 1988. The strategic focus of the Children’s Board is to provide funding to local organizations that share a common goal of providing support services to children so they can lead a healthy, safe, and productive life, allowing the whole community to thrive.
Our funded partners have clearly defined goals and outcomes that are regularly monitored for quality and performance. It is the Children’s Board vision that Hillsborough County will be recognized as one of the top five places in the nation to raise children. The Children’s Board believes our people are our greatest asset. We offer an environment that challenges everyone to grow, contribute, excel and share successes.
Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team!
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Bilingual (Spanish / English) preferred
· Supervisory experience preferred
A Bachelor's degree; and
Three or more years of experience involving duties concerning research into, developing funding applications for, monitoring, planning, evaluating or contracting of community service programs.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of procedures related to public grant administration.
- Extensive knowledge of funding sources and associated requirements and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of governmental administration and organization.
- Working knowledge of legislative processes.
- Skill in the application of managerial techniques.
- Skill in making presentations to groups.
- Ability to formulate goals/objectives and evaluate research projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of public funded programs to insure that objectives are accomplished according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Supervises subordinate personnel in the administration of public funded programs.
- Prepares and coordinates studies and reports involving resource allocation, revenue projections, funding source development, utilization of services and/or the review and management of contracts and grants.
- Develops programs and policies for administration of contracts and public funded programs.
- Develops recommendations concerning present and future grant and contract funding requirements for current and projected programs.
- Coordinates the preparation of status reports and conducts followup studies to review the impact of policy decisions, program development, and resource utilization; and makes recommendations on the continuation or termination of programs.
- Provides technical expertise concerning funding sources, contract development, and grant application requirements.
- Serves as liaison with federal, state and local representatives concerning funding sources for services programs.
- Monitors applicable State and Federal legislation and prepares departmental position statements regarding such legislation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process. Applicants currently serving in active duty are not eligible for veterans' preference. A veteran is defined as a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and was discharged or released under honorable conditions (or who later received an upgraded discharge under honorable conditions). However, current members of any reserve component of the United States Armed Forces or the Florida National Guard are eligible.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation (click here for further information on documentation requirements) that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation should be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.