The Loudoun County Department of Family Services (DFS) is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual for the position of Research & Development Coordinator, which supervises our Management Information Systems team.
The Research & Development Coordinator is responsible for managing information systems and creating reports to support state reporting requirements, local performance measurements, grant outcome measurements and agency data needs for all programs.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with department units to identify goals, objectives and appropriate performance measures.
- Meeting with key stakeholders in the juvenile justice and youth services systems, and community.
- Providing research assistance, data, and consultation services to support work of Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention, Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services, and Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Business or Public Administration, Finance, Human Services or related field.
- Minimum 4 years experience in Information Systems Management, research and statistics to include at least 6 months supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer services skills are essential in working with County and contractor staff in training, troubleshooting, correcting data entry and database errors, and maintaining documentation related to system configuration.
- Self-motivated and engaged candidate who is detailed-oriented with strong logic based troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with County and contractor staff.
- Ability to develop and modify technical reports utilizing multiple data sources to meet Federal, State and local reporting requirements.
- Ability to act as a liaison between the end users and Department of Information Technology, to understand the requirements of the end user and translate them for DIT.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development