DIRECT CARE ASSISTANT II
PART-TIME CONTRACTUAL (7 POSITIONS)
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||11/8/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$12.97 - $16.56/hour|
|HR Analyst||Grace Williams|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Spring Grove Hospital Center, Catonsville, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This recruitment is for several part-time contractual positions. The positions will assist in the care and treatment of psychiatric patients residing at Spring Grove Hospital Center, which is a 24-hour in-patient facility, and perform duties at the full performance level under general supervision. Supervision is received from a Registered Nurse and/or designee. The positions do not supervise and are required to work two (2) weekends per month.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in work assisting in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of mentally or physically ill patients, aged or developmentally disabled in treatment facilities or community based programs.
Notes: 1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in patient or client direct care on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing OR within sixty days from the date of hire and prior to performing delegated nursing tasks, must have successfully completed a Board of Nursing approved Nursing Assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing.
2. Employees in this classification located in facilities that provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
4. Some employees in this classification may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
5. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
1. Employees in this classification must have successfully completed a direct care training course or examination approved by the hiring facility prior to permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.