|Department||Department of General Services|
|Date Opened||3/8/2019 09:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,012.00 - $51,835.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is available within the Facilities Operations & Maintenance Division of the Department of General Services at a facility located in Salisbury, Maryland.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Manager and three (3) Maintenance Supervisors housed at three District Court facilities within a region. This position maintains all files and assures the office is functioning in an orderly manner, working independently with minimal supervision. Also, serves as the key person for fiscal and budget management for the Region.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the office for all incoming calls or visitors. Acts as an intermediary for the Regional Manager and Maintenance Supervisors. Organize and coordinate work requests/complaints with the Maintenance Supervisor, maintaining all requests through E-Maint work order system.
- Responsible for independently processing service contracts for three (3) facilities: Prepare fund certs, type contracts from draft, prepare documents for bid, assist in site visits. Independently prepare documents for award and forward to appropriate offices for approval.
- Independently compose various correspondence. Obtain information and independently prepare various reports and spreadsheets such as budget reports, overtime, inventory, incident reports, recycling, PMO, weekly highlights, etc. Maintain the office filing system, develop and implement office procedures. Develop, update and implement spreadsheets, and reports. Assist in budget preparation by compiling necessary data and calculating current funding requests based on agency needs.
- Process purchase orders for building maintenance and office supplies; contacting vendors to place orders, receiving orders assuring all paperwork is intact and contacting the fiscal services for invoicing.
- Acts as a point of contact for requests, complaints, and information to the office. Consults with agencies and the public regarding building issues, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required that enable the Department of General Services to fulfill it's mission of providing and maintaining buildings that are safe, secure and operationally efficient.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- Two years of experience receiving, entering and closing service requests in a work order system.
- Two years of experience in a customer service setting.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- Experience working with tenants of a facility or building.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with experience interacting and communicating with executives and senior management.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically utilizing Microsoft Word to create and edit documents and Microsoft Excel to create new spreadsheets, enter data and utilize formulas and functions.
- Experience preparing monthly budget reports.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to applicants willing to accept employment at our Salisbury facility located in Wicomico County, Maryland.
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard on a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this position. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. We highly recommend that you submit your transcript when you apply for the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Applicants are encouraged to upload proof of education (transcripts), professional licenses and certifications, when applicable, during the recruitment process as these items will be required at the time of selection.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay